Pin to QA conversion for loader

/ Pin to QA conversion for loader #1  

frogpond

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I'm thinking about converting the loader on my Kubota BX25D from pin-on to quick attach, so that I can change easily from the bucket to a grapple. (I'm leaning toward the Westendorf Brush Crusher, which doesn't require additional hydraulics.) Can anyone recommend a conversion system which could be added to the loader, and then mate with a matching converter which can be pinned to the bucket? I have seen the videos of the Ai2 stuff, but I imagine there are others. Relevant considerations are of course weight, cost, and ease of installation. I would prefer to avoid welding.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

/ Pin to QA conversion for loader #2  
Lots and lots of units available for this type of conversion just do a google search.
Be forewarned, that when you want the ease (pun intended) of removing pins from bucket and installing pins on conversion, expect to pay for that connivence.
Furthermore, removal of pin brackets and welding of a QA plate on the bucket will be required.

/ Pin to QA conversion for loader #3  
Does Westendorf make a brush crusher that works with the single bucket cylinder of the BX? Also those are pin on, not quick attach anyways since they use the bucket cylinders to work the grapple.

If you just want pin in QA Kubota has a factory piece that will work and not require mods to your bucket, there's also another company that makes one but the name escapes me (tach-n-go maybe?)

If you want a ssqa then you can get one from Kubota also, but adapting the bucket without cutting of the mounting ears and welding on a plate will be a disappointment due to lowered lift capacity.

/ Pin to QA conversion for loader
Hmmm...I'm confused. But now I see that the Brush Cutter 3000, which Westendorf says is sized for a subcompact, appears to consist of 2 separate single-arm grapples, which attach to the loader arms by sliding over the ends of the arms, and then being pinned somehow. The Westendorf website is very sparse on details. But it sure doesn't look convenient to change from bucket to grapple.
The Ai2 conversion will connect to the standard pin-on bucket, and to the Ai2 grapple, but I don't see how it would connect to the Brush crusher.