Pisten Bully 400 service and operations

/ Pisten Bully 400 service and operations #181  
I'm a poor guy to ask about fuel filter changes. I don't have problems with fuel and I rarely change fuel filters.

I'm wondering if it's not a bit of an algae problem as the machines sit idle all summer. In that case your mechanic is right about changing the fuel filters every oil change. There are also commercially available algicides that stop the growth of algae.

Cut open a used filter once. If it's full of a black dirty type runny jelly like substance.... At least that's the color of the algae that I had to deal with on a customer tractor.

/ Pisten Bully 400 service and operations
Guys, We use quite a bit of fuel, nearly 100 gallons per day and see the fuel truck so often, got to know the delivery guy. I'm just a minion and does what the boss says, which in this case, is to add 911 chemical to the storage tank.

/ Pisten Bully 400 service and operations #183  
Guys, We use quite a bit of fuel, nearly 100 gallons per day and see the fuel truck so often, got to know the delivery guy. I'm just a minion and does what the boss says, which in this case, is to add 911 chemical to the storage tank.
Power Service 911 red bottle is emergency use only. Longterm use of it isnt good for fuel systems. Power Service white bottle is designed for longterm fuel maintnance & anti-gelling. May want to bring that up with the boss man.

The other operator broke the drag last night so we are officially off the trails until its repaired. No it wasn't his fault. I needed a day off anyway and with all the snow in the yard, have lots to do. I'll post pictures of a lame drag later. We have a blizzard happening here today.

I asked my boss about the use of 911 fuel treatment and his response was to the effect. "Don't ask questions and keep using it" :confused2:

/ Pisten Bully 400 service and operations #185  
white bottle should get you the gel protection, and red should be carried on the machine just in case. the company i work for is the 2nd largest user of diesel fuel in the US, right behind the US government. I ran lots of different diesel equipment in Wyoming and north Dakota for years. our mechanics insisted on changing out the filters after we used 911 after a gel event and made it back. we had a lot of trouble with the 6.0 and 6.4 ford engines. we have cat c6 and c7 with 30k + hrs on them. according to our mechanics, we have more issues with the emissions equipment because of using too many additives.

/ Pisten Bully 400 service and operations #186  
I asked my boss about the use of 911 fuel treatment and his response was to the effect. "Don't ask questions and keep using it" :confused2:

My experience with bosses like that is they don't get the optimum out of their employees. That being said....he's the boss so you do as he says.

Here is a few photos from my last adventure out on da trails. The drag we used was broke and was looking at it today and got some photos of it. It will take time to get it patched up! The 2nd shows the materiel I normal carry in the blade and move towards the middle. Sled traffic always make the center lower.

Attachments

• P1100596.jpg
    P1100596.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 81
  • P1100600.jpg
    P1100600.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 74
  • P1100603.jpg
    P1100603.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 89
  • P1100604.jpg
    P1100604.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 90
   / Pisten Bully 400 service and operations #188  
Do you ask for a blended diesel from your wholesaler ?

Do you ask for a blended diesel from your wholesaler ?

I am not the boss and do not order the fuel. Since they have been doing trail grooming since the 80's, I'd guess they order what's appropriate. If I see the fuel guys, I'll ask what they sell us.

Last edited:
   / Pisten Bully 400 service and operations #190  
I am not the boss and do not order the fuel. Since they have been doing trail grooming since the 80's, I'd guess they order what's appropriate.

Do you know if you are running blended fuel?