Planning a PT-425

/ Planning a PT-425 #31  
Lots of good advice here especially about getting the pallet forks.

Just in case you are interested, I am selling some used attachments in Minnesota including a pivot auger head with 9" bit and a snowblade. Look for the thread on this page about t-8 attachments for sale in Minnesota for more info.

/ Planning a PT-425
Quick question...I see in the price list that the hydraulics are listed at 3/8", but they sure look like standard 1/2"...anyone know?

/ Planning a PT-425 #33  
1/2 hydraulic pto lines. The 3/8 in the price sheet appears to refer to the quick attach plate itself.

/ Planning a PT-425 #34  
I have a 1430 on a 16 acre apple orchard. The two most useful attachments are the grapple bucket for picking up brush and the mower. We used to use place brush in a trailer to move it out of the orchard. The grapple bucket takes about a quarter the time. We have a zero turn mower that is used for most of the orchard, but some of the orchard is on too steep a hill. We put ag tires (Carlisle Trupower) on the zero turn and it still spins out all the time. The 1430 never slips. I initially used the brush cutter, but the finish mower does a better job. I also use the post hole auger for drilling holes for fence posts and trees and will be getting the stump cutter this spring.

We also have horses and the large material bucket works well for cleaning barns, hauling hay bales, and many other large items. I though about pallet forks. The PT pallet forks are expensive, but third party pallet forks are cheap and welding an adapter plate on them is easy. I don't think I have enough use for them to justify the cost right now.

/ Planning a PT-425 #35  
FWIW: I have the Power-Trac adjustable pallet forks. I would say that they are off the shelf commercial forks with a PT QA plate, and quite heavy duty. It is probably the attachment that I doubted I would use much and it is one that I use often. I have lifted and moved full bundles of 8x8x8 pressure treated posts with them. (20? 25? Heavy enough to almost put the 1445 on two wheels straight ahead.)

All the best,

Peter

/ Planning a PT-425
1/2 hydraulic pto lines. The 3/8 in the price sheet appears to refer to the quick attach plate itself.
aaaAAAHHHaaa....that makes a bit more sense. It actually looks like there's two different QC connectors up front, one for the PTO and one for the 3rd function valve.

/ Planning a PT-425 #37  
That's correct. The others are 1/4 and power the quick attach itself or the grapple function of an attachment.