Plasma cutter recommendations

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #91  
I see what you are saying. Cold cut saw blades do get pricey relative to the number of cuts before they have to be replaced.

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #92  
For thin gage sheet metal like steel barn siding or light gage aluminum sheet, I take a carbide tipped wood saw blade and install it backwards on my DeWalt corded circular saw and cut it with that. Considered one of those Milwaukee metal cutting circular saws but my DeWalt with a reversed wood blade (carbide tipped), works just as well. You just have to be wearing PPE as in safety glasses and a long sleeve shirt as the chips produced are hot and they fly everywhere.

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #94  
Plasma shines in a bunch of ways but priceless cutting rebar, Tposts, bed frames and cutting edges. My band saw and cold saw don't like that stuff. Gouging and beveling are great as well.
Free hand notching and saddles work well with practice and practice is key to all of it.

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #95  
I have a 20+ year old Hypertherm 900 originally I used it on a cnc table but mainly now handheld cutting. Will pierce 1” and cut 1-1/4. Parts and consumables still available. Biggest thing is clean and DRY air, being I live in a place where 70-80 percent humidity is not uncommon that was my biggest learning curve. To me the most important thing is to stay with a company with long term parts availability. My welders are Miller,Hobart Lincoln with Hypertherm cutter.

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #96  
I have a 20+ year old Hypertherm 900 originally I used it on a cnc table but mainly now handheld cutting. Will pierce 1” and cut 1-1/4. Parts and consumables still available. Biggest thing is clean and DRY air, being I live in a place where 70-80 percent humidity is not uncommon that was my biggest learning curve. To me the most important thing is to stay with a company with long term parts availability. My welders are Miller,Hobart Lincoln with Hypertherm cutter.
Is it a Powermax 900? The 900 was only rated for 7/8, I know it can sever more but 1.25 would be pushing it, and piercing 1in would be pretty destructive on consumables!

I run a 200amp Maxpro at work and I have to edge start on anything over 1.25in

I had a PM105 and now a PM85 on my personal table, they are awesome machines. I'm pushing to get a HD plasma at work or maybe even a laser!

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #97  
I own a Hobart 40i it's 40 amp 220 only and you need to plug it into an airline. No problems ever and a Great machine for the last 5 years it will sever cut over 3/4". The newer
One that replaced it is multivolt 120 or 220 I'm pretty sure it's not a standalone meaning it doesn't have a built in air compressor however the smaller ones do.

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #98  
After owning/operating my Hypertherm 45xp for several years, I can honestly say I spent more money than I am getting in return for it. It is a dream machine for me and I smile every time I use it. But the problem is I am not using it as much as I hoped.

When I retire and have more time, hopefully I will rectify that. For those that think you will seldom use your PC, a cheaper one might be smarter and will allow purchase of other less frequent use type tools.

No regrets... just food for thought if your budget is tight.

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #99  
I recently bought a Primeweld Cut60. It's amazing to be able to cut through sheet stock like butter. But I find it tricky to make precise cuts and so I'm still cutting tubing and bar stock with my bandsaw. If someone is pretty much cutting tubing and bar stock, I'm not so sure whether the money might be better spent on a cold saw like one of the Evolution saws?
I also bought a primeweld 60. Use it here at the farm. I've been pleased . Didn't want to spend a lot of $$ for something I wasn't going to use daily. It works for me

/ Plasma cutter recommendations #100  
Stay tuned for the new "Hatchet 60" release. Compact, powerful and will cut the legs out from under a Primeweld 60.