Plastic Pallets Uses

K5lwq

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK2554, Branson 4815C, Satoh Beaver, Speedex
I am looking for ideas for making a carryall out of a plastic pallet. As I was playing around with the idea, I thought of several things I do with these pallets. I can get these at work, so I might just bring home a couple and have them for specific uses.

First question is would you add plywood or something to the floor?

I would like to have one that is just a platform to stand on while trimming limbs.

I also would like one with a cover over it to house my generator. Would make it nice to use if I loose power during a rain and not have to worry about it getting wet.

What other ideas do you have?

Palet.jpg

sandman2234

Tractor
JD2555 and a few Allis Chalmers and now one Kubota
Plastic is slick, so whatever you use it for, especially standing on it, might be an issue.
They are great to put stuff on that is stored outside, to keep them off the wet ground.
David from jax

As far as a generator cover, great idea! You could take two of them, add four pipes of equal length between them, bolted together, and wallah, you have a movable generator pallet with a cover. Plus you can pick it up from the bottom or top, lol. Make sure you leave plenty of space around the generator to allow air flow for cooling!
David

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
I sometimes use the really cheap plastic skids to cut apart branches with the chain saw. If you hit the plastic, no problem.

ptsg

Elite Member
Tractor
2017 Branson F36Rn (3515R)
I use them to set my implements on instead of leaving them in the dirt since I don't have gravel on the shed I use for storage.

I have this style of pallets:

heavy-duty-used-plastic-pallet-p2gci1208e-od-3ru.jpg

OP
K5lwq

K5lwq

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK2554, Branson 4815C, Satoh Beaver, Speedex
Some great ideas although the wife might not approve of the inverted-v structure. :)

Thanks for the ideas!

Groo

Platinum Member
someone near me has an open cell version and made a front porch and railing. I'd use them to get my stuff off of the concrete and dirt.

thepumpguysc

Veteran Member
Tractor
Injection Pump Rebuilder
I have a hot tub on my back porch... I recently got one of those plastic pallets & cut a hole in the porch & lowered the HT onto one..
Works great keeping it out of the dirt..
So go gettcha a hot tub.. tell the wife you needed to use up the pallets..Lol