Tractor Sizing Please help a guy out!

/ Please help a guy out! #41  
I'm hopeful Kubota will come up with something.
I remember when shopping for my cut 11 years ago lots of folks saying the same thing, glad I didn't wait for them to switch over:) I tried the Kubota and if I remember right Massey rocker pedals and hated them immediately, my old knee and ankle couldn't take awkward angles for more than a few minutes at a time.

/ Please help a guy out! #42  
Thanks again for all the input like I said it has truly been helpful. But, I can not overlook the fact that overwhelmingly while no one has explicitly said do not get the JD almost everyone has said don't get this or that from JD. I did go back to one of my local Kubota dealers to see if it was something they could do for me as far as that wretched rocker pedal (I know some people love it but my size 16's hate it so don't be offended) because that's the main sticking point keeping me from buying the MX 4800 or 5200. The service guy said he was going to talk to the service manager to see what they could do so I'm hopeful on that front. The JD does fit perfect as it sits but with the pedal adjustment I could get much more tractor for the price from Kubota and not have to worry about after market or older used implements.
At least on the M62, I dont use the treadle like a rocker at all. The forward has a piece that sticks out to the right side... so I use the front of my foot to go forward then move my foot to the back portion of the main pedal to go backwards. It is essentially 2 pedals to me and I use the front part of my foot to actuate both just like in a car/truck.

/ Please help a guy out! #43  
Did you try the rocker pedal on a Kubota Grand L? It’s way better IMO than the rocker pedal on the standard L’s. IMG_2690.JPG

/ Please help a guy out!
Jchonline and Tractorable both of you are on the right track. I suggested that to the dealer because I do like that design a lot better and it's ease of use for my foot. Right now the problem seems to be engineering because they hook up differently. The guy in the service department said he was going to talk to the service manager to see if they could make it work somehow.

/ Please help a guy out! #45  
I also liked the pedal on the grand l better but still like the dual pedal set op on other brands much more.
Seems to me no matter what they do having a single pedal somehow gives me discomfort in the knee or the ankle. Some have a way of transmitting a weird feeling in my hip also but do understand that I have had serious injuries and surgeries on my hips, knees and my right ankle at different times in my life.

/ Please help a guy out!
Well this is what I received back from Kubota. Basically a yeah whatever so thanks again for all your help and input and I see a new John Deere in the future. Stay tuned!

Thank you for contacting Kubota Customer Satisfaction and providing us with feedback on the treadle pedal. It is through correspondence such as yours that we are able to continue to improve our products and services and we genuinely appreciate the time you have taken to provide us your experience.

Unfortunately I have no information one way or another regarding future designs for the pedal. I will be happy to pass on your feedback though. We sincerely appreciate your interest in Kubota products, and have logged your comments in the event that future review is necessary.

Regards,

Jeff M.
Customer Satisfaction Representative

/ Please help a guy out! #47  
Did you try the rocker pedal on a Kubota Grand L? It’s way better IMO than the rocker pedal on the standard L’s. View attachment 621349
Yes this is exactly like mine. Basically acts like 2 pedals. Sorry to hear there were no options for you on a lower end model. Glad to see you made a decision and are moving forward!

/ Please help a guy out! #48  
I never understand all the hate for the JD quick attach system for their FEL. Its amazingly simple and works just as well as a SSQA. One advantage of it is it doesn't add any weight. On a bigger tractor with a lot of lift capacity not a big deal but on small tractors a SSQA hurts lift capacity. You can get any implement that is common for a JD setup and unless you have a bunch of SSQA stuff laying around, stick with the JD system. All I have is a bucket and forks for my JD and I feel there was not extra cost for this. I think the old "you will pay more for the JD quick attach implements" is an old argument not valid unless you get into a bunch of implements meant for a skid steer.

Last edited:
   / Please help a guy out! #49  
I just did a search for local attachments and could not find one for the JD used unless I am willing to buy the hole tractor. I stopped counting the SSQA attachments that would be useable at a reasonable cost when I got to 75.

All the vendors local to me wanted more to build anything they advertised to fit the JD system.

I wonder what the count and cost would be if I searched out farther and was willing to pay shipping?

/ Please help a guy out! #50  
I would agree there are not a lot of used JD front attachments out there. Everything Attachments charges around $50 to make it for a JD vs. SSQA. Most people have maybe two or three FEL attachments?

When I first looked at JD after owning a Kubota without a quick attach bucket the first thing I looked at was their quick attach system. I heard so much negative about it. My first thought was that is so simple it is brilliant. If you have never looked at the system you have to see it to understand it. There are two hitch pins you pop off and just roll out of the bucket.