Comparison Please help please advise

/ Please help please advise #31  
Did you test drive the 2 range?

Without a proper test run the question about is the gearing going to work for you can’t be answered.

/ Please help please advise
Did you test drive the 2 range?

Without a proper test run the question about is the gearing going to work for you can’t be answered.

Yes I have drove the kioti CX2510 in low range in the dealer parking lot. The only way to properly test it to me would require me using it at home and that's not an option unless I've already bought it. My hope in posting here was maybe someone here has had the experience on a CK2510 (as the CX2510 is the CK2510 just a little updated) and a B2601 and might have a definite opinion on the two vs each other. Im going to go test drive the kubota in a couple days and that will help me see how the low and mid range compares to the kioti low range. Just driving it in the parking lot I would have to say it felt a bit two fast for what I consider a low range. Its like some of you have said its balanced between power and speed. How well that balance is say compared to my other option the kubota I dont know. Bottom line is the kioti will most likely push pull anything I'm gonna want it too(hopefully I have about 400 yard driveway up a hill I periodically pull the box blade down with the scallops all the way down) but knowing the kubota has that 3 range haunts me. Cuz for me thats the ONLY thing the kubota has over the kioti. I guess what I was wanting was someone here to tell me the kioti has the same push pull power in its low range as the kubota does. I'm probably just way overthinking all this at this point. Thank you.

/ Please help please advise
That was my thought also, if its similar to the hst+ I don't see how it could be an add on. Maybe it's more like a stall gaurd or something?

I couldn't find a mention of it on their website or in any internet searches.

Is it called something other then HST assist?

The HST assist or Link Kit (there the same thing as far as I know) may not be what's known as an add on but instead an option. I know the CX2510 does not come with it but you can have it installed same as the CK line. At least thats what I'm told by two dealers. I have drove the CK2610 and CK3510 with the HST assist link kit.

/ Please help please advise #34  
The HST assist or Link Kit (there the same thing as far as I know) may not be what's known as an add on but instead an option. I know the CX2510 does not come with it but you can have it installed same as the CK line. At least thats what I'm told by two dealers. I have drove the CK2610 and CK3510 with the HST assist link kit.
That sounds like the linked throttle maybe? Where it connects the throttle advance to the hst pedal. That can be added on.

It is a nice feature, I find I use it a lot on my L3240, however its not even remotely comparable to the HST+. That's what was throwing me off I guess, since someone said they were similar earlier in the thread.

Last edited:
   / Please help please advise #35  
Yes I have drove the kioti CX2510 in low range in the dealer parking lot. The only way to properly test it to me would require me using it at home and that's not an option unless I've already bought it. My hope in posting here was maybe someone here has had the experience on a CK2510 (as the CX2510 is the CK2510 just a little updated) and a B2601 and might have a definite opinion on the two vs each other. Im going to go test drive the kubota in a couple days and that will help me see how the low and mid range compares to the kioti low range. Just driving it in the parking lot I would have to say it felt a bit two fast for what I consider a low range. Its like some of you have said its balanced between power and speed. How well that balance is say compared to my other option the kubota I dont know. Bottom line is the kioti will most likely push pull anything I'm gonna want it too(hopefully I have about 400 yard driveway up a hill I periodically pull the box blade down with the scallops all the way down) but knowing the kubota has that 3 range haunts me. Cuz for me thats the ONLY thing the kubota has over the kioti. I guess what I was wanting was someone here to tell me the kioti has the same push pull power in its low range as the kubota does. I'm probably just way overthinking all this at this point. Thank you.

Test the Kioti again, let warm up and put it in high. If the dealer doesn’t look for a way for you to test and prove it’s going to work for you your decision is made to go with an other machine or brand. Unless the other brand dealer also locks you into slow non representative test drives also.
Myself I have actually switched to different dealerships because they expected me to test drive only on a flat paved lot with no room or representative tasks to get a real feel of a machine.
I find most good dealers will find a way to accommodate you if they are dont, they probably are not worth buying from to begin with!

One of the dealers I purchased a Kubota from years ago used to actually schedule demo days. At a site just a few miles up the road from the dealership. They would take a few machines up to the field and have a sort of open house that potential customers would come and actually run the machines, doing actuall work.
When space is limited you can also be a little inventive, tow your car or truck up the hill behind the shop. Have them unload a heavy delivery with the same model tractor your looking to buy, ask to go to the dealers home and run the demo unit he has been using. These being just a few of the many things that have been done.

Few of us can really get a feel for a machine on a flat paved lot without any work to do. If the dealer is worth anything they know this and will have a plan in place for the demanding customer, or be quick to find a way to prove thier machine is worthy of your purchase.

Take your time, look then look again, test then test again. Be sure it’s the right machine and then enjoy!

/ Please help please advise #36  
When you test drive the Kubota, be sure to pay special attention to how it does in the middle range. Most Kubota owners post that they use the midrange almost exclusively. Low is nice to have for occasional use, but frankly I rarely go there and never stay there. High gets a little more use just because I have a 100 yard drive between barn and my normal project area. But once there, it's back to midrange again.
A downside is that the Kubotas don't shift real easily between the ranges. I don't know if the Kioti does.

In the end, HST is a compromise based on operator convenience rather than tractor power. And that sort of describes me, too....I'm getting old enough that my tractoring is now a handy hobby rather than a vocation. And as a hobbyist I like my HST. But I'm a picky hobbyist; hence I lean toward more ranges.

That is why I don't try to compare pulling power between HST versions. I suspect that either would do for my hobby work. If I was more serious about doing hard work with a small tractor - or doing genuine small acreage farming work with a small tractor - then I wouldn't be looking at HST at all, I'd go straight for the the modern geared option in that model: A geared multi-speed power shift/power reverse transmission.

Hats off to both Kioti and Kubota for continuing to offer those modern clutchless shuttle shift transmissions as an option. That speaks well for both companies.
rScotty

/ Please help please advise #37  
   / Please help please advise #38  
Athen, Al does have a LS and Massey dealer. Just south from them on the interstate is a large Marhindra dealer.

/ Please help please advise #39  
Richard, I love you dog. I had one that I got from Tenn. some years back. I lost him after 13 1/2 years. Great dog!

/ Please help please advise #40  
Here is another way to look at your dilemma over the 2 range or 3 range:
as others have said, the 2 range is still covering the middle of the ranges.... the low range covers the area into the "lower mid range".....
The high range also covers the "upper part of the mid range".....

With a 3 range, you will find that the "max" of the low range is too slow for what you want to do, so now you have to shift into the mid range....
Then you may find that being in high range while just transporting some light materials, might be too high to initially push into a mulch pile to load... so again, now shifting down into the mid or low range.... you may find that you are needing to change ranges frequently....

I have a gear tractor, 12 speeds forward, 12 reverse (4 speed transmission, 3 ranges). In 1st gear, low range.... really a creeper gear.... my 86 y/o mother in law could out run the tractor with her walker.... 4th gear, high range is down right scary to be on a tractor that fast unless on smooth pavement going straight....

With all those available gears, there is one that always suits my needs. BUT.... I do shift frequently between low and mid ranges.
I believe that the 3 range will give more precise control of speed vs power, but the 2 range are designed to cover the area "in between". There are too many tractors out there with 2 range transmissions that work very well for what they are intended.

Decisions, decisions.... too many decisions....:shocked: