Plowing MUD!

/ Plowing MUD! #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
Getting ready for the "Big lock-up" tonight. 50 degree rain to 10 degrees over a few hours.

With a front blade, the best I could to is back drag the gravel drives.

I can hope for sunshine to make it all good again later.

/ Plowing MUD! #2  
We have had huge weather swings for almost a year. We dropped 40F high temp within 24hrs 3 days ago. Were supposed to get considerable snow with the "fall". But only got an inch. We've been in single digits or below zero for the last 48 hours. 0F now at 5 p.m. with 20-30 mph NW wind. For us, it's brutal. Next week by Wednesday we are supposed to be 50F and chance of rain. This type of behavior sucks for us. Our country roads will fall apart..... 89 days 'til Spring.....

/ Plowing MUD! #3  
Overszd ,I am in New Zealand and we have just had the 2nd wettest year on record and our roads are full of potholes. Join the club.

/ Plowing MUD! #4  
Overszd ,I am in New Zealand and we have just had the 2nd wettest year on record and our roads are full of potholes. Join the club.
Oh wow. that would destroy my roads. We are actually in a mini drought. Nobody is calling it a drought yet. But we have very little sub soil moisture. Farmers grew a good crop of corn and soybeans this year only because the light rains came at the exact right time. Concerned about next year. Long range forecasts are for warmer than normal temps and below normal moisture.

/ Plowing MUD! #5  
Such wild weather everywhere. Key months when rain was needed it was dry. Dry fall now wet again with this extreme cold (for Central Va) and high wind. And yet overall total is near normal! Thankfully the subsoil moisture is pretty near normal here. But it is definitely tough for crops when the year starts off with a moisture deficit. W Jones

/ Plowing MUD!
Muds gone! All stiffened up!

it's 17 degrees out there!

/ Plowing MUD! #7  
Oh wow. that would destroy my roads. We are actually in a mini drought. Nobody is calling it a drought yet. But we have very little sub soil moisture. Farmers grew a good crop of corn and soybeans this year only because the light rains came at the exact right time. Concerned about next year. Long range forecasts are for warmer than normal temps and below normal moisture.
It will be interesting to see what 2023 brings. We had one of the wettest summers on record this year, extending through October. Then so far it’s been a relatively dry but cold winter. We need more snow.

/ Plowing MUD! #8  
The most snow that we have gotten
here in over 35 years is 14 inches and
it lasted 3 or 4 days.

willy

/ Plowing MUD! #9  
It appears that the great cold snap is finally moving to the East of me. Three days ago it was -6F at this time of the morning. It's been slowly warming back up and this morning at 3:30am its +12F. Overall I got around six inches of the driest snow I've ever seen. Just like bakers flour.

/ Plowing MUD! #10