Plumbing hydrolics for an Allis Chalmers 5015

/ Plumbing hydrolics for an Allis Chalmers 5015 #1  

Greg1235

Tractor
Allis Chalmers 5015
Hi all ,I am in a dilema,I am retrofitting an old front end loader for my Allis Chalmers 5015 and can't find any information on how to plumb in hydrolics for my loader,see attached pics and if anybody has any diagrams or pics to help me out,thanks Greg

Attachments

• 20230828_193905.jpg
    20230828_193905.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 86
  • 20230820_191512.jpg
    20230820_191512.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 20230828_193042.jpg
    20230828_193042.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 57
  • 20230901_161519.jpg
    20230901_161519.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
   / Plumbing hydrolics for an Allis Chalmers 5015 #2  
Are there any directional valves on that tractor today or just 3 point hitch? I could not tell by looking at the pictures.

/ Plumbing hydrolics for an Allis Chalmers 5015
Just the 3 point hitch

/ Plumbing hydrolics for an Allis Chalmers 5015 #4  
I doubt there are any diagrams out there that will help, but you really don't need one. There aren't any true "tie in" points on that tractor. Basically, you remove the hydraulic pipe from the pump to the lift housing and redirect oil flow through your loader valve and back into the lift system. Done properly, there would hopefully be a sump return port somewhere you can utilize also. You might need to get "creative" on that part.

The hydraulics are not the scary part of your endeavor. What scares me more is the size of your loader vs the size of your tractor. I realize your photos show only mock up of how this might look once finished, and you still have a ways to go figuring out mounting points, brackets, framework, etc. I'm no mechanical engineer, by any means, but I have built a few things over the years. Also RE-built a few things others had built. Given the size and weight of that loader, the distances involved with where and how it will eventually mount and be supported look to me like an awful lot of strain on too few (and probably too small) bolts into the tractor. I know you have more ideas on support and structure so I'll say no more on that subject at this point. I do hope you come back with more photos and details as this moves on. I'm sure others with more welding and fabricating skills than I will weigh in at some point with their ideas. I only stepped in to discuss the hydraulics.

/ Plumbing hydrolics for an Allis Chalmers 5015 #5  
Harry is correct on the hydraulics routing. Something I will add is the new loader valve must have a system relief valve set to the correct pressure based on the system as is today. New valve must also have power beyond feature to supply 3 point.

Great thanks,I am not finished with the frame for the loader,I have to cut the up rights and weld into place also build the reinforcement brackets that bolt to the front frame rail plate and then I'm going to plumb the the hydrolic lines,and my joy stick has provisions for power beyond,thanks so much for a quick reply,when I'm done,I will send pics ,thanks again,Greg

/ Plumbing hydrolics for an Allis Chalmers 5015 #7  
Great thanks,I am not finished with the frame for the loader,I have to cut the up rights and weld into place also build the reinforcement brackets that bolt to the front frame rail plate and then I'm going to plumb the the hydrolic lines,and my joy stick has provisions for power beyond,thanks so much for a quick reply,when I'm done,I will send pics ,thanks again,Greg
On my Du-Al loader with dual cylinders, the two main posts are tapered rectangular tubes ( smaller at the top) and one is the reservoir. The filter should not be between the tank and the pump, it should be in the low pressure hose between the valve and the tank. My tractor had it between pump and tank when I bought it but for years it was slow. When it quit working I replaced the filter, then the valve, still no pressure. When I moved the filter over to the low pressure hose it did the trick and big time. It has a T at the bottom of the tank, which is in the low pressure line, between tank and pump

/ Plumbing hydrolics for an Allis Chalmers 5015 #8  
Should have said when I got it, the filter was between pump and valve, in the high pressure line

Mine is on the return line

/ Plumbing hydrolics for an Allis Chalmers 5015 #10  
I had to go look at it. Actually I moved the filter from being between the pump and the valve to between tank and valve. It was restricting the flow to the pump. It has always been in the return side. Now the pump gets fluid from both valve and tank.