Plumbing question

/ Plumbing question #41  
That's what my buddy who recommended called it. I have a 50 yr old well, well and casing still looked good so I replaced the submersible pump 10 yrs ago, being a diyr I probably set the pump to low in the well. It's about a 100' well with 8" steel casing. Funny thing I found the pitless adapter wrench in a scrap pile on property. Did everything from the well pump to my new cabin in PEX. Previously the pump was set in plastic electrical conduit pulling the old pump up every coupling broke LoL only thing preventing pump from dropping was the wiring.
Your not alone as to the wire saving the day.

/ Plumbing question #42  
Any chance that tap is a newer faucet that is a low flow tap? We have a kitchen sink type faucet in the laundry sink (due to the pull out head) that is a water saver flow. Might work to save for places buying water, ie city supplied water, but not on private wells. Filling 5gal buckets for tile work took a long time. Jon
Almost all new faucets are pre-set to flow 1.8gpm vs the old style which was 5.7gpm. We recently changed our worn out kitchen faucet. Only manufacturer we found with any 5.7gpm faucets was Moen, and they only had a very few of the older full flow faucets. Unfortunately, the newer 1.8gpm faucets cannot be easily modified with a simple screen removal. If you're lucky you might happened to have gotten one of the very old early styles.

As was earlier mentioned, adding a high molecule filter will drastically slow your water flow as well. Our pump is set for 20/50 psi. We can't go smaller than a 10 micron filter or we also experience major reduction in water flow, even with the 5.7gpm kitchen faucet.

/ Plumbing question
My problem turned out to be much different than I thought. I had a leak upstream from the pump, so was sucking air as well as water. I had a check valve which kept it from backfeeding, so didn't realize that my feed line was leaking. I have since moved the pump inside so that I don't have a pump house to worry about, and it's working much better.

Thanks for all of the help. 👍