Pocket Gopher Control

/ Pocket Gopher Control #41  
Have a mole problem here and get them everytime with one of these.....

/ Pocket Gopher Control #42  
Hello All,

Ok, I am hell bent on getting this gopher. I have tried flooding it out three times. I tried a 15min. road flare. Nothing. It is still there tearing up a section of my hill. I can't use baits or poison because of my pets. I can't seem to find the gopher gassers locally. Stores are telling me they have not been able to get those in months. I'm going to try a trap next. But I am pulling my hair out over this one. It is being very sly. Any ideas? Would the exhaust from my gas riding mower work? How about from my newer diesel tractor? Thanks, B.
I pour my cat's used cat litter into their hole. I've had good success with that.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #43  
By me it's moles. Some people can just think like mole and get them every time. I used these GopherHawks for the moles and they were pretty effective at first. I can't think of the name, but there is a pellet that is used for model cannons. It puts off a poison gas to fill the den. Of course, one can be crazy enough to light it....
Moles are easy to get rid of. Just spray your yard for grubs. That is what they eat. No food, bye bye.
Ofetn people confuse moles an voles. Voles are herbivores. They eat the roots off your plants and grass.
Best way to get rid of voles is to use poison peanuts - not available in some states.
In North Carolina, moles and voles are "endangered species" Damn straight!!!!!

/ Pocket Gopher Control #44  
Hello All,

Ok, I am hell bent on getting this gopher. I have tried flooding it out three times. I tried a 15min. road flare. Nothing. It is still there tearing up a section of my hill. I can't use baits or poison because of my pets. I can't seem to find the gopher gassers locally. Stores are telling me they have not been able to get those in months. I'm going to try a trap next. But I am pulling my hair out over this one. It is being very sly. Any ideas? Would the exhaust from my gas riding mower work? How about from my newer diesel tractor? Thanks, B.
If this is a pocket gopher and you are opening its run what ever type of trap you use must not have any light on it or the gopher will cover it with dirt. I used to use a spring loaded rat trap (giant mouse snap trap) in the Ron then place a board over the top of the hole and covered it with dirt so no light could get in around the edges. Then I found a trap that had been designed just for pocket gophers. It is a cylinder about 3” in diameter and 6” long. One end is wide open and the opposite end has a hole in it about the size of a quarter. Inside the trap is a spring loaded cable that retracts when tripped. The trap is inserted into the opening big hole down and dirt is pushed in around it. The gopher sees the light coming in the little hole and because of their poor eye sight thinks it is far away and runs into the trap to close up the hole and then you have a dead gopher. I am assuming you are in the USA, however, if in Canada they are available at Peavy Mart or on line at Peavymart.com. If in the States the attached picture may help to locate them. C37D1557-7A7A-4198-A1D8-75E6A19CA421.jpeg

/ Pocket Gopher Control #45  
Hello All,

She was there before you were. They were there before you were because they are good for the land.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #46  
Hello All,

Hello All,

I have excellent luck with castor oil. It will not kill them but they sure scatter out of yard. Mix 2 ounces castor oil, 1 oz fragrance free soap (laundry or dish), blend in blender.
Add 3 ounces water, blend.
Use 2 Tabl of mixture to one gallon water. Use sprinkler can and start closest to where you don’t want then (ie the house or such). In a day or two keep chasing them out. I have not had moles or gophers near the house in years. Can use in all seasons. Not toxic to any animal.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #47  
My grandpa would find every outlet the gophers had plug them and then use his Ford tractor by choking the engine thereby creating lots of smoke to kill them. The key thing is to find every exit the little critters have and plug them.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #48  
I guess I'm lucky I don't have them. I do, however deal with groundhogs/woodchucks. I use lead poisoning, delivered by way of high-velocity hollow points.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #49  
I guess I'm lucky I don't have them. I do, however deal with groundhogs/woodchucks. I use lead poisoning, delivered by way of high-velocity hollow points.
That's what I did, growing up in Pennsylvania. My main source of entertainment! Necessary entertainment - I hated having to replace sickle bar knives torn off when the mower encountered one of those huge dirt/rock mounds hidden in the tall hay. Only "high velocity" meant a .22 long rifle hollowpoint. Couldn't afford centerfire ammo.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #50  
Moles are easy to get rid of. Just spray your yard for grubs. That is what they eat. No food, bye bye.
Ofetn people confuse moles an voles. Voles are herbivores. They eat the roots off your plants and grass.
Best way to get rid of voles is to use poison peanuts - not available in some states.
In North Carolina, moles and voles are "endangered species" Damn straight!!!!!
This is the only post I've seen that addresses the root of the problem. They are there because of the food source. You can kill what is there now but if you dont eliminate the food source more will come.