Pocket Gopher Control

/ Pocket Gopher Control #21  
I had 1 of those working in the front yard and another in the windbreak. I tried drowning them, trapping them, smoke bombing them. I finally collapsed their tunnels and then sit out with the .22 in the evening. Got them both that way as they pushed dirt up out of the tunnels. I only spent maybe and hour total watching and got them.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #22  
What we call gophers out here are in fact Richardsons ground squirrels. They decimate acres of crops. Some farmers would even pay for your ammo.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #23  
I had tried everything on the market with marginal results. I settled on the pellets and the problem was quickly solved. The gopher dies way down in the burrow so pets won't get into them. I've never had to do a mound more than once.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #24  
Hello All,

Ok, I am hell bent on getting this gopher. I have tried flooding it out three times. I tried a 15min. road flare. Nothing. It is still there tearing up a section of my hill. I can't use baits or poison because of my pets. I can't seem to find the gopher gassers locally. Stores are telling me they have not been able to get those in months. I'm going to try a trap next. But I am pulling my hair out over this one. It is being very sly. Any ideas? Would the exhaust from my gas riding mower work? How about from my newer diesel tractor? Thanks, B.
On our acreage we hire out.............but we have lots of gophers. Older gentleman known locally as the Gopher Man comes out and traps them. Shows up early in a pickup with a small golf cart...........drives around placin' traps. My kids ride with him and chat his ear off. Comes back out later in the day, collects traps/gophers and we pay $3/gopher foot(one foot per gopher. not 4 ). We then turn around a get $3/foot from our township. So our gopher removal is free and I don't have to lift a finger.

Cool thing about the Gopher Man...............when we first met him he was 69 yrs old. He carriers a notebook to tally his numbers. He wanted to reach 70,000 before his 70th birthday. He did and he's still trapping today at 77. I believe he is over 80,000 now.😲

/ Pocket Gopher Control #25  
Like the guy before said...Forget trapping and baiting and all that other stuff ...the easiest and most effective way is to hook a metal exhaust flex tube to your lawn mower muffer and stick it in the gopher hole put dirt around the tube to hold in the exhaust gases ...it will do the deed!

/ Pocket Gopher Control #26  
By me it's moles. Some people can just think like mole and get them every time. I used these GopherHawks for the moles and they were pretty effective at first. I can't think of the name, but there is a pellet that is used for model cannons. It puts off a poison gas to fill the den. Of course, one can be crazy enough to light it....

/ Pocket Gopher Control #27  
Hello All,

Ok, I am hell bent on getting this gopher. I have tried flooding it out three times. I tried a 15min. road flare. Nothing. It is still there tearing up a section of my hill. I can't use baits or poison because of my pets. I can't seem to find the gopher gassers locally. Stores are telling me they have not been able to get those in months. I'm going to try a trap next. But I am pulling my hair out over this one. It is being very sly. Any ideas? Would the exhaust from my gas riding mower work? How about from my newer diesel tractor? Thanks, B.
I've tried them all, Gopher Hawk has been the best, no bait, digging, no extracting a carcass . Homepage - GopherHawk

/ Pocket Gopher Control #29  
You have so many that my method of a burlap bag soaked with gasoline inserted in one hole and some time later (15 min) a flaming burlap bag shoved in a known connecting hole. There are Hot Shot flares that force Moles right out of their holes. The concussion would kill ground hogs. Get some Blue coloured Fly Bait used by chicken/egg farmers and blow it down into as many holes as you can afford. Doesn't look like you would want to pave the property. Are they the same as Prarie Dogs?

/ Pocket Gopher Control #30  
No shooting allowed in the area? Here in Saskatchewan gopher shooting has been a summer pastime for many years. Used to go shoot at farms, 3-400 in a day was a good day.
Different type of gopher, in 20+ years I've only been able to shoot 1 pocket gopher and that one was cuz he got cocky.
Sometimes my cats will sit for hours before one of the pocket gophers pop out of the holes.