Pocket Gopher Control

/ Pocket Gopher Control #72  
Plug up all the entrances but one, dump a few lbs of dry ice into the remaining hole and cover that one. No odor, no noise and they suffocate without knowing anything is wrong.
just a funny thought

how do we know they don't know somethings wrong.

i do get it, just a funny thought.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #73  
Hello All,

Ok, I am hell bent on getting this gopher. I have tried flooding it out three times. I tried a 15min. road flare. Nothing. It is still there tearing up a section of my hill. I can't use baits or poison because of my pets. I can't seem to find the gopher gassers locally. Stores are telling me they have not been able to get those in months. I'm going to try a trap next. But I am pulling my hair out over this one. It is being very sly. Any ideas? Would the exhaust from my gas riding mower work? How about from my newer diesel tractor? Thanks, B.
You could try dry ice (available at grogery stores). Put a piece in the holes and cover it up. the Co2 should do the trick.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #75  
Hello All,

Ok, I am hell bent on getting this gopher. I have tried flooding it out three times. I tried a 15min. road flare. Nothing. It is still there tearing up a section of my hill. I can't use baits or poison because of my pets. I can't seem to find the gopher gassers locally. Stores are telling me they have not been able to get those in months. I'm going to try a trap next. But I am pulling my hair out over this one. It is being very sly. Any ideas? Would the exhaust from my gas riding mower work? How about from my newer diesel tractor? Thanks, B.
Use bait and inject underground into the tunnels. Pets don’t bother with bait applications underground.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #76  
Our gophers are very shy about going out of their burrows. You can watch for hours and see nothing but the mound getting higher, if that. Shooting them would not be effective.

Poison is a bad idea because it will also poison the predators that eat gophers.

When I set cinch traps I leave the mound or run open. That seems to annoy the gopher who comes to close it up, if it's an active run. It certainly does not discourage them from checking it out.
Poisoned gophers die underground and are not an issue with predators.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #78  
I've tried everything to kill the damn gophers on my property. What I found works is this:

Use that with the pellets. Works like a champ! Simply probe around the mound until you feel it drop into the tunnel. Apply the pellets by turning the crank a few times. I knock down the mound and dont see it come back. The moles eat the pellets, run down deep into their holes, and die. I have pets, and they dont dig them up. The pellets disintegrate once its rains and is not an issue.

My ritual once I come home in the spring and summer months, is to grab the probe and walk the yard. Kill any mounds before even going inside. Soon, no more mounds.
Yep. That stuff really works best and I have never had an issue with pets.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #79  
Get some good cats. Best things we have ever had to get rid of gophers, moles and copperheads. They have brought up two dead green tailed copperheads this fall so far. Two gophers and two moles.

The yard used to be covered with mole hills and gopher tunnels. Now if one pops up it's gone in a few days.

They work 24/7 and we are gopher and mole free.
I cannot keep cats. The owls and coyotes get them.