Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
As stated in the title, we are very excited to have picked up a 2014 Polaris big boss 800 6x6. Just has a few hundred miles on it and we'll use it to do work in the field, and on snow. Of course the wheels and tires need to be put back on for summer use. Anyone here have one of these beasts?

Attachments

• boss.jpg
    boss.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 3,982
  • bosshitch.jpg
    bosshitch.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 378
  • bosspods.jpg
    bosspods.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 392
  • boss1.jpg
    boss1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 855
   / Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #2  
I see them for save very rarly. They do look fun and faster than a argo/maxx. How much did you pay?

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up
It only has 150 miles but he was asking the exorbitant price of 11K for the whole works. Book is around 6K so we offered him that, plus 2500 for the pods. We've been looking for a used 6x6 like this with the 800 engine as this has, or the Outlander with the 1000 engine. We found out they are far and few to be found. We are picking it up this weekend and I'll post more photos later. He never had its wheels/tires mounted on it.

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #4  
Thats a prety **** good price. We paid almost 6k for a beat 08 rzr800 3,300mi. Im not really a fan of polaris stuff after owning this rzr. Many flaws in the design.

We've had our own grief with P made products, but that was some years ago and seems they have improved there quality since. We are working types, not into sport riding at all. This machine will be hauling tools and people into the field and "might" do some trail grooming, of course in the winter. If I'm lucking anyway... Hence the pods. What do you do with your machines??? I'm kind of surprised that no one seems to use 6x6's here..

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #6  
I dont own a 6x6 only a rzr 800. We mostly ride for fun. But it does help me hunt areas i couldnt on foot. To me a rzr is a terrible work vehicle. Small plastic bed with next to no capacity. I have had about 300lbs of rocks in the back of mine (stream crossing repair) it rode like crap. We really got to to beable to move our two dogs and a canoe at the same time at our hunting cabin. It does its job well.

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #7  
To feed the Young buyer's hunger Polaris keeps adding HP without beefing up the powertrain. Used in moderation I think they are a very good product.

Thanks for the pics. Give us updates as you use it. Especially snow use. Very cool (pun intended)!!!!! :D

He got home late today after traveling to the Sault Ste Marie MI over the weekend. We just call it the Sault up here. It was one heck of the long drive. I'll post more and better photos later. It was 30 some hours on this machine.

Attachments

• P1060244.jpg
    P1060244.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 237
  • bosscamp.jpg
    bosscamp.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 626
  • bosspodrear.jpg
    bosspodrear.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 432
   / Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #9  
Does it have power assist steering? Neighbor has a Polaris 6x6 side-by-side and it steers hard and wears the front tires out quick. (He always liked my RTV900)

No. This was one was built before P was adding that feature but you can get a power assist unit for about $700.

Does it have power assist steering? Neighbor has a Polaris 6x6 side-by-side and it steers hard and wears the front tires out quick. (He always liked my RTV900)