Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #11  
So you dont just use it for work...lol. they are fun machines even if theres a goal in mind.

I have a large single man ladder stand im going to strap into my rzr roll cage and get way back in the woods at our camp. Its about 3/4 a mile down old skidder trails.

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up
Folks, No idea what to do with tire pressure for this beast. Wheels and tires are going on it today which have been off it for years, since it was assembled. I'm thinking, 6-7 in the fronts and something less in the rear four tires. Maybe 5 psi?? Thanks.

Hummmm subsequently going a internet search, I see people recommend more in the rears..

Last edited:
   / Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #13  
Depends on the surface on which you are riding. I always found that 8-9 all around is the sweet spot

Yesterday I got the wheels installed and put 7psi in all tires. We'll see how that works.... With wheels on, I then hauled the pods to another garage for storage and with the two rear, larger pods in the box, it would hardly steer! I'd guess they weight around 125lbs each. Sorry that we got no photos of that process.

Let me add that these Soucy pods are much, much nicer that anything made at Camso.

Attachments

• bossfrontpod2.jpg
    bossfrontpod2.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 248
  • bossdriveframe.jpg
    bossdriveframe.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 205
  • bosswithtireside.jpg
    bosswithtireside.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 469
  • bosswithtires.jpg
    bosswithtires.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 292
  • bosshitch2.jpg
    bosshitch2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Re: Polaris big boss 6x6,, got pods added today

We've warmed up here and our snow has really gone down. Pods went on the 6x6 beast today and test spin completed around the yard was had...😊 I continue to appreciate Soucy pod system. These would go on/off with two 14mm wrenches and a socket for the lug nuts.

Attachments

• P1020336.jpg
    P1020336.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 691
  • P1020332.jpg
    P1020332.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 967
  • P10203388.jpg
    P10203388.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 1,982
   / Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #16  
Love the tracks! Should be awesome in the snow.

more snow showed up here so the B B machine was out again.

Attachments

• bossinsnow3.jpg
    bossinsnow3.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 139
  • bossinsnow2.jpg
    bossinsnow2.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 302
  • bossinsnow1.jpg
    bossinsnow1.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 159
   / Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #18  
As stated in the title, we are very excited to have picked up a 2014 Polaris big boss 800 6x6. Just has a few hundred miles on it and we'll use it to do work in the field, and on snow. Of course the wheels and tires need to be put back on for summer use. Anyone here have one of these beasts?

I had one of those! So cool. Mine was from the 1990’s, and had a 2-stroke, 250 cc engine. Only the back 4 wheels were powered. Had all the power I needed. Gave it to a cottage neighbour, and he still uses it.

Tanks Check! Ironically, Polaris reduced the CC in the subsequent models. Seems they couldn't get the emissions low enough in this engine but people did seem to like it. Pushing pods through snow does take some serious HP.

We're been receiving snow here guys, kind of serious for a few weeks now. This dumb machine does have good flotation! Thought you might like to see some photos of machines in it. The 1st one is of course our machine and it our yard

Attachments

• P1020644.jpg
    P1020644.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 338
  • blackmntoutlande1.jpg
    blackmntoutlande1.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 167
  • outlanderrear.jpg
    outlanderrear.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 220
Last edited: