Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #21  
Very nice! Are you finding the steering effort with the pod's on bearable?

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up
Its a bit stiff and more importunately, steers like a large boat. You need to spin the steering wheel (of course its handle bars) but she'll keeps going straight for some time, like its a rudder. Those large rear pods are pretty hard to slide sideways in snow to allow a turn. When I put them on, I should had set to a minim, the front suspension springs on the rear axles. Then the maxed out the rear most suspension springs. This would have helped the rear pods slide sideways a bit.. Seems I'll also need to add a fuel can carrier to the machines front so a weights (and extra fuel brought) can be added and help the front to grab more for better steerage. Oh well.

Very nice! Are you finding the steering effort with the pod's on bearable?

Last edited:
When we put this machine to work in snow, we might need to get a power assist kit for it which costs $750 but we'll run it without and see how it goes. As you might guess, if one is moving forward faster, the steering requires less effort.

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #24  
That rig has to just about the lightest psi of any bolt on track "snow toy" with all that track under it. I would imagine that just about any depth of powder, at least that I've ever seen would be no problem.

Its PSI is indeed low. Today I'll try measure whats it footprint is and report back what its ground pressure is per square inch (PSI) but its darn cool here!! With or without a low PSI, any machine that struggles to steer can be a problem. If you can't go in the direction you'd like, you'll get stuck and I do need to work on this machines steerage.

That rig has to just about the lightest psi of any bolt on track "snow toy" with all that track under it. I would imagine that just about any depth of powder, at least that I've ever seen would be no problem.

We put the boss for a few minutes of work yesterday to haul the snowblower down to our church to move snow for winter carnival. I kid you not, I can't fit it in our truck and doing this is soooo much easier to move it. But with the extra weight on its butt, it didn't steer that well! Here is the event. Winter Carnival 219 | Michigan Technological University

We build a "all-nighter" statue for winter carnival and need to move snow in the yard so as to construct it. In the last photo is the statue we built finishing at about 2am this morning. We're at about 165" of snow for the year.

More photos can be had at the dogs blog... The Trail Mutt Reports

Attachments

• P1020926.jpg
    P1020926.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 101
  • bossindeepsnow2.jpg
    bossindeepsnow2.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 95
  • P1020928.jpg
    P1020928.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 100
  • P1020931.jpg
    P1020931.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 97
  • P1020987.jpg
    P1020987.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I just did the math (not my forte) and this machine has a PSI of .8 lbs.

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #28  
My experience is the rolling pressure is much higher of a tracked machine than the static pressure would be.

yes,,,,,, and what new info are you giving us here??? Tracked vehicles have never need MPG record setters...

My experience is the rolling pressure is much higher of a tracked machine than the static pressure would be.

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #30  
yes,,,,,, and what new info are you giving us here??? Tracked vehicles have never need MPG record setters...

I meant the ground pressure is higher.