Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #31  
My experience is the rolling pressure is much higher of a tracked machine than the static pressure would be.

Wouldn't that also apply to the rolling pressure of tires compared to static pressure?

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up
Wouldn't that also apply to the rolling pressure of tires compared to static pressure?

Yes it does. Large balloon tires with low PSI, do have a higher rolling resistance than harder ones with greater PSI in them would.. And the same goes for rubber tracks, the larger they are, the more soft the material is you want to go over. All this increases the rolling resistance. Rubber tracks on snow, is my forte....

We hit about 250" of snow here so below are a few 6x6 photos.

Attachments

• P10304544.jpg
    P10304544.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 89
  • P1030456.jpg
    P1030456.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 92
  • P1030462.jpg
    P1030462.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 94
  • P1030464.jpg
    P1030464.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 86
   / Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #34  
That thing looks awesome. Love to ride something like that one day, but doubt I'll ever be anywhere that has that much snow.

Life is to short not get out and do the things you wanted to.....:D....... Having fun in the snow, was one of the reasons we moved here.

That thing looks awesome. Love to ride something like that one day, but doubt I'll ever be anywhere that has that much snow.

/ Polaris big boss 6x6 picked up #36  
20 feet of snow :eek: is that normal for your area?
That looks like the perfect machine for your area, is that the snowbank at the road in the first 2 pics?

Those photos are of me driving into an supposedly plowed ally. It really is plowed, just a bit remained there when this photo happened to be taken. There is extra snow there from blowing. The paper says we are at 245" with 65 on the ground which has to be a bit ahead of average but i can't find the normal total by March 1st right now. Nonetheless, we've had a good snow year and good skiing. :thumbsup: More can be seen on the dogs blog The Trail Mutt Reports

20 feet of snow :eek: is that normal for your area?
That looks like the perfect machine for your area, is that the snowbank at the road in the first 2 pics?