Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value?

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #32  
4wd articulating (up/down) floating thing

pretty cool, I got the Argo so the coot wouldn’t give me much more than I have

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value?
No idea what a Coot is.
Amphibious (at least it would be, if I plugged all the holes in the two metal tubs which form the body), articulated, 4WD ATV made in the 1960s. 4WD is full time, driven by a worm gear (one in front, one in the rear), no differentials, so turning radius on the original 2 wheel steer models was not great. THey later came out with a 4 wheel steer model which helped this significantly. Both of mine have been converted to 4 wheel steering. Because its like driving with both a front and rear differential locked, it has 12" of ground clearance, a smooth belly, and he articulation keeps all for wheels on the ground, they will go anywhere. You really have to try in order to get them stuck.

They are slow: top speed is 20 mph, but they are geared for torque and will tow quite a bit.

Restored Coot rear view.JPG

Photo shows articulation (will do up to 45˚ in either direction). Mine is not as nice as the one above. (Receiver hitch is not stock).

One of my Coots (it looks only slightly nicer now). I have added roll bars.

Coot new tires.JPG

Last edited:
   / Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #34  
I was at a Polaris dealer today. He said he had 77 ATV/UTV units this Spring. He has 0 in stock now, just a used one he just sold earlier today.