Pole barn build now or wait?

/ Pole barn build now or wait? #22  
even if lumber prices have gone down in the last few months i would presume they would come down a bit more over the winter months perhaps you could order your kit in mid winter months and start construction next spring and save a few dollars in the process …

when i will built my barn i wont do a concrete slab ether i have too much clay and the frost line is too deep it will cost too much, my plan is to sit the building on techno metal post and installed interlock paving stone inside.

/ Pole barn build now or wait?
I'll most likely build it and install the roof and 3 walls then do concrete. That leaves the whole front wall open to work in.
BTW $150 per yard for concrete.o_O

/ Pole barn build now or wait? #24  
I'll most likely build it and install the roof and 3 walls then do concrete. That leaves the whole front wall open to work in.
BTW $150 per yard for concrete.o_O
I built a 30x40 for my brother. He wanted 10' overhead doors at each end. After it was built, he then had time to plan floor drains and fixtures in the floor and then poured the floor. Good Luck Larry

/ Pole barn build now or wait? #25  
I bought a pole barn kit in Nov 2019 for a 30x40x12 pole barn for $13K. If you can do it for $14K, jump at it. You won't regret getting it built sooner rather than later. I put up the frame and put on the roof and then did the concrete floor. Finished with the walls.

Barn.jpeg

/ Pole barn build now or wait? #26  
I did my floor 11 months after the building was up. I had to pay for a pump as a truck couldn’t get into the building (only 10x10 doors), but that was it. Morton does a great building. Nothing touches the ground that is wood, all concert (posts, rat board, everything).
LoL I used wheel barrows.

/ Pole barn build now or wait? #27  
I bought a pole barn kit in Nov 2019 for a 30x40x12 pole barn for $13K. If you can do it for $14K, jump at it. You won't regret getting it built sooner rather than later. I put up the frame and put on the roof and then did the concrete floor. Finished with the walls.

View attachment 712798
Wow,....That seems as though you got a great price!
Looks like you have some shelving (on the ground) for an interior project.

/ Pole barn build now or wait?

View attachment 712798
That's a nice looking building, I went to your post and checked it out.

/ Pole barn build now or wait? #29  
Dwellonroof - I too am in the planning stages of a Pole Barn (30x40 ft). It would have the side lean-to extensions as extra space requirements.

what barn kits have you been looking at ? - that is of interest to me

- my primary use would be for critters (chickens, rabbits, sheep, donkey), feed, supplies, and for equipment storage.

- I certainly plan on having a concrete floor, from the start, ... agreeing with the others

- I'm considering adding a corner 2 pc washroom - toilet, sink, small counter

- given that future storage might include vehicles, I have thought of the space requirements of a car lift also

- I am probably 18 months away from seeing this develop, because I want to pay it outright. :)

happy planning

/ Pole barn build now or wait? #30  
If the OP isn't aware, there is a very good YouTube channel that has a ton of videos on building "pole barns". He uses Post & Beam construction, and has convinced me that it far superior to building conventional pole barn procedures.

Also, whenever you build something from a kit, you will run into unique situations on your own site. And you will likely have to adapt components of the kit to fit your situation. That's why I always use a local lumber yard for my supplies. And often times they are less expensive and have good service.

Anyway...here's the link to the YT videos if you care to check them out: