Poles saw looking

/ Poles saw looking #1  

NativeSon

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040SU 2010
I'm looking at pole saws to trim up the trees out in the pasture. Has anybody used a Stihl pole saw or compared it with other makes?

Charlie

/ Poles saw looking #2  
I've only used my brother's Stihl pole saw. He has had it for about 5-6 years-it has a 1 stroke engine, befroe the 4-mix motors. I like using it, it's simple to use, its been reliable, don't know what else to tell you.

Will

/ Poles saw looking
Thanks for the help I kind of figured Stihl would be the way to go.

Charlie

/ Poles saw looking #5  
I have used the Stihl pole saw with great results.

/ Poles saw looking #6  
I purchased the Stihl Kombi setup with pole saw and extension this spring. I'm very happy with this combination. I bought the KM130, pole saw, extension, and cultivator for it. I am about 5'9" and can reach every bit of 12' if not more with the saw. It also has a 12" bar on it which is nice.

/ Poles saw looking #7  
Stihl pole saws are nice. I have two. I really like the 4 stroke. Fires right up and has plenty of power.

Make sure u have a forestry helmet!

/ Poles saw looking #9  
One more for the kombi system. Mine is a pole saw, hedge trimmer, weed eater, brush cutter and an edger. Also have two extensions. They say to only use one, but I have been doing it for the last three years with 2.

/ Poles saw looking #10  
I have a Stihl HT 75 pole saw. I love it. Prior to purchasing one I would recommend extending it completely and see how it feels to you. I am crowding 70 yrs old and my saw completely extended is a handfull. I generally have some younger guys around who will do my "fully extended saw work" for the priviledge of borrowing the saw when they need it.