polyurethane cutting edge

/ polyurethane cutting edge #1  

m7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
Installed the poly cutting edge for the snow plow. It is 8 ft by 8 inches wide and 1.5 iches thick and blots on top of the existing cutting edge. Forecast is for snow tomorrow so will be ready to test it out. Should be preserve the pavement and minimize plow damage to the grounds

Attachments

• IMG_0124 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0124 (Small).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 717
   / polyurethane cutting edge #2  
Frits-That looks very nice and professional. That's the kind of set-up for snow removal I would love to have on mine. That sure preserve your asphalt quite a bit better. Let us know how it works.-Chuck

/ polyurethane cutting edge
Will let you all know after the snow on Tuesday how it works. It was easy to install by just clamping it on and then drill the holes through the old ones from the back and install longer bolts. Also added a couple of plates at the ends to further reinforce for backdragging etc. It is strong and flexible and will form to the ground to clean up even where there is an crown in the road. It is used much at airports to prevent steel shards being left on the landing strips. Also used around hospitals because it does not make any noise when scraping and it is very good where there are cobble stones or brick pavers in the road due to the flexibility to conform.

/ polyurethane cutting edge #4  
Where did you get that cutting edge? I had looked at your thread before on how your snowplow was tearing up the asphalt but I didn't know which cutting edge you went with.

/ polyurethane cutting edge #5  
I'm a new comer to this site and have spent many hours reading and going by my nity night times being so wrapped in it. I have come to this write-up and everyone has left me hanging as to how the new edge worked and where the material was purchased. Come on back. ;)

it is from falline Nevada that sells them. you can look it up on internet search. Works very well and easy to install. It is very flexible and conforms to the road surface and is very forgiven on the road surface. It is not cheap however I think it was 350 dollars for the thick 1 1/2 inch version 8 inches wide.

/ polyurethane cutting edge #7  
Thanks for the reply. I should have asked this question at the same time. Do you have a feeling as to how long it will last doing what you plan on using it for. I'm assuming it would last for a good lenght of time if one was just doing their paved driveway during the winter months???:)

For me it will last a long time just doing infrequent snow plowing here in MD. The plate can be lowered if worn by drilling new holes and exposing the edge. It is recommended to have the edge lower than the moldboard by the thickness of the plate which in my case is 1.5 inches. With a with of 8 inches this will last a very long time. Drilling is like drilling in wood so it is very easy to make new holes.