Portable generator powering most of house in power outages.

/ Portable generator powering most of house in power outages. #111  
Yup, i've since stocked up on the LED lights, but i still have a florescent lantern that last forever on the batteries.

/ Portable generator powering most of house in power outages. #112  
I recently bought a sportsman 800w (running) inverter generator. Its perfect for running small appliances, charging batterys and will even run my 5cuft chest freezer. Its very portable, very quiet and runs 9hrs on 0.55gal of gas. Cost was under $200 shipped from jet.com

/ Portable generator powering most of house in power outages. #113  
I recently bought a sportsman 800w (running) inverter generator. Its perfect for running small appliances, charging batterys and will even run my 5cuft chest freezer. Its very portable, very quiet and runs 9hrs on 0.55gal of gas. Cost was under $200 shipped from jet.com

Hope you got a good one. I looked at one to replace my cheapo HF as I would prefer a 4 cycle but I saw a number of poor reviews on the Sportsman 800/1000.

/ Portable generator powering most of house in power outages. #114  
Idk what a bad one would do. Not make power? Not start? Mine dosnt do any of that.

/ Portable generator powering most of house in power outages. #115  
Idk what a bad one would do. Not make power? Not start? Mine dosnt do any of that.
I致e run across 3 different HF predator units that operate 120 just fine, but when hooked up to 240 I get one wild leg of like 170 and the other leg at70. So far all 3 have been HF branded.

The last guy tied into his gen outlet hooked up to his manual transfer switch and fried both refrig and freezer and several TV sets and a bunch of led lights. The old incadescents went super bright, but the leds fried

/ Portable generator powering most of house in power outages. #116  
I致e run across 3 different HF predator units that operate 120 just fine, but when hooked up to 240 I get one wild leg of like 170 and the other leg at70. So far all 3 have been HF branded.

The last guy tied into his gen outlet hooked up to his manual transfer switch and fried both refrig and freezer and several TV sets and a bunch of led lights. The old incandescents went super bright, but the leds fried

what wattage unit? your not talking about their inverter series. i have the 7k its numbers and scope view look good.

/ Portable generator powering most of house in power outages. #117  
what wattage unit? your not talking about their inverter series. i have the 7k its numbers and scope view look good.
Not the inverter units. These were gas 5,000 - 8000 w units. All their units have weird ratings like 4,375 watt or 8,725 .... weird

/ Portable generator powering most of house in power outages. #118  
I bought gas for $2.17 a few days ago, propane right now is 1.86 and that's if they will let you get the summer price.

You will burn more propane than you would gas too...

SR
Filled with propane this week for 92 cents per gal.

/ Portable generator powering most of house in power outages. #119  
Not the inverter units. These were gas 5,000 - 8000 w units. All their units have weird ratings like 4,375 watt or 8,725 .... weird

That could happen with any non inverter unit. My $200 one is an inverter unit and not made by HF. Also its 800w so im not plugging this into my house...ever.

My real generator is a 5kw 800lb military watercooled diesel.