Possible Trade

/ Possible Trade #1  

swampy6

Gold Member
Foothills of The Adirondacks, New York State
Tractor
Mahindra 4540 4WD
I'm thinking about trading in our 2016 4540 with the backhoe for a Mahindra HST, I haven't had any problems with the 4540 but it would be much easier for the wife driving an HST, we have 933 hours on it most of that has been plowing the driveway and trails.

How is the 2638 or any other Mahindra HST's? Are there any of the HST Mahindra tractors that are more reliable than some of the other models. I don't think we would be getting a backhoe but maybe a cab.

Thanks
Mike

/ Possible Trade #2  
The 15xx/16xx machines are Mitsubishi made with Mahindra engines. Those seem to have a good reputation. The 25xx/26xx are TYM made.

/ Possible Trade #4  
Sorry that wasn’t clear- the 25xx/26xx use the same Mahindra engine as the 15xx/16xx. The engines use Bosch fuel injection. They have been good. I see very few engine issues here. And a few more TYM issues vs the Mitsubishi. Their is a price difference and feature difference between the two lines. Hopefully you can sit on both and your dealer can walk you through the differences.

Last edited:
   / Possible Trade #5  
Last year we going to trade down Kubota L2800HST 2009 250hrs to Kubota B2650HST 2019 all said done we would write check for 11K :eek: heck of wacking.

/ Possible Trade
I hear ya, I talked with our dealer today ..... after he gave us the trade - in value that HST with a cab or without didn't look so good. :confused3:

/ Possible Trade #7  
I hear ya, I talked with our dealer today ..... after he gave us the trade - in value that HST with a cab or without didn't look so good. :confused3:

That's unfortunate. I work at a Mahindra dealership and have driven quite a few of them. The 2638HST or all of its Tym number derivatives (they change up the numbers all of the time) are my favorite ones to operate.

/ Possible Trade #8  
THe 45 40 seems to be a popular model . Im sure you could sell it outright for a better price. I tried two differant times to trade in a tractor and neither dealer was interested,.

/ Possible Trade
Are there any free sites that would give me the resale value for the tractor and backhoe? The tractor has 940 hours on it, most have been plowing snow and moving logs around with some stump digging too.

It's never been in for any problems since we bought it, maybe it's time to see what J.D. or the Kubota dealership would give us if we switched colors.

/ Possible Trade #10  
Are there any free sites that would give me the resale value for the tractor and backhoe? The tractor has 940 hours on it, most have been plowing snow and moving logs around with some stump digging too.

It's never been in for any problems since we bought it, maybe it's time to see what J.D. or the Kubota dealership would give us if we switched colors.

What you experienced with the Mahindra dealer, is going to look like a Boston Cream pie when you attempt to trade "off brand".