Post hole digger stand

/ Post hole digger stand #31  
Being an organic kind of guy...I let my PHD stand grow by itself...less effort than building one...:)

Attachments

• PHDstand.jpg
    PHDstand.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 3,451
   / Post hole digger stand #32  
bones1 said:
ns,I have the exact digger you have but can't identify it.Do you know who makes it?I bent the curved pipe bottom piece into a pretzel and need to buy a new one. Thanks.

Hi Bones1,

My digger is a Servis Brand, Model GSD, I bought it new, I think in 1972.

/ Post hole digger stand #33  
Henro said:
Being an organic kind of guy...I let my PHD stand grow by itself...less effort than building one...:)

Hey Bill, you stole my patent.;) That stand looks just like mine.:D

...and the holder for your beer ain't bad either.:rolleyes:

/ Post hole digger stand #34  
Here is my simple solution for an auger stand. If you control the auger bit, the PHD can be easily mounted and unmounted. Most frame-type supports are too complicated, and cost almost as much as the post hole digger. This is made of 1/2" steel pipe, welded to a diamond plate base. You could easily put this on a dolly if space is tight in your shop. I have a large implement shed, so I wanted mine in a fixed location. I used to struggle holding the PHD upright to hook it up, but now it's a breaze. I have used this Rankin 9" PHD 301 for years and have drilled hundreds of holes. The stand really helps.

Attachments

• Auger in stand.jpg
    Auger in stand.jpg
    795.1 KB · Views: 4,669
  • Auger stand close-up.jpg
    Auger stand close-up.jpg
    876.8 KB · Views: 7,878
   / Post hole digger stand #35  
One of the problems with this type of stand is that you always have to have one size auger on it. Sort of a pain if you use different size augers. If you only have one size auger, no problem.

/ Post hole digger stand #36  
You might of seen this before, but here is mine. The front leg screws up and down to line it up. Real easy and safe. The post hole digger was the hardest 3pt to hook up that I have.

Attachments

• Posthole1b.jpg
    Posthole1b.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 3,292
  • Posthole2b.jpg
    Posthole2b.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 2,025
  • Posthole3b.jpg
    Posthole3b.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 2,013
   / Post hole digger stand #37  
Check out the Bush Hog parking stand for their PHD. I have one for my 1202 Bush Hog PHD. $135.00 for the parking stand if I remember correctly. It's plug and play so to speak. Back up and insert three pins. Nothing to touch except the three pins. On or off.

/ Post hole digger stand #38  
You might of seen this before, but here is mine. The front leg screws up and down to line it up. Real easy and safe. The post hole digger was the hardest 3pt to hook up that I have.

I'm sure that this works good, but isn't it a hassle to always have to remove the auger before parking the PHD?

/ Post hole digger stand #39  
No, more then likely it wouldn't be the size I need to use anyway. Only two bolts. I make up the time for that when hooking up.

/ Post hole digger stand #40  
One of the problems with this type of stand is that you always have to have one size auger on it. Sort of a pain if you use different size augers. If you only have one size auger, no problem.

I only use a 9" auger. For me that is a great all-purpose size for fence post holes and deck footings. If I had multiple bits, I would just make another stand to store it in. If you need it mobile, just put the hole thing on a dolly.
Thanks for the good ideas everyone.
Best of Luck!

Attachments

• Auger stand close-up.jpg
    Auger stand close-up.jpg
    876.8 KB · Views: 562