Post your Branson at work. Picture thread

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #61  
I've had a little time running the Kioti and LS, and found them both to be quite comfortable and user friendly; the Massey and Branson I have repeatedly sat on, but it never seems to work out that I'm able to spend a little time behind the wheel. Of course, now I'll have to make it a priority.

The top two are Branson and Kioti; the Massey 1825E is quite nice but it lacks some features I'd like. The same can be said of the LS MT225S, but it's the smallest and cheapest of the group, and really is just my fallback if I find myself in a financing pickle.
There shouldn't be too much of a difference in price between the MT225S and the MT225HE. There is a big difference in size and capabilities.

Just wanted to throw another wrench into the picture.....

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #62  
There shouldn't be too much of a difference in price between the MT225S and the MT225HE. There is a big difference in size and capabilities.

Just wanted to throw another wrench into the picture.....

I think it was you I had the conversation about the MT225HE with a month or two back; I quite like the 225HE, but the operator platform just isn't comfortable for me. You (I think) had suggested that installing a taller seat would provide more leg room, and it did, but not enough. I used my tool bag to simulate a taller seat; it wasn't comfy, but it provided about 6 inches of increased height. Unfortunately it just wasn't enough of a difference, my knees were still in a position that irritated them.

It's unfortunate, as I really like the MT225HE; it's simple, rugged, and well featured. My wife liked the blue too, which doesn't hurt.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #64  
I think it was you I had the conversation about the MT225HE with a month or two back; I quite like the 225HE, but the operator platform just isn't comfortable for me. You (I think) had suggested that installing a taller seat would provide more leg room, and it did, but not enough. I used my tool bag to simulate a taller seat; it wasn't comfy, but it provided about 6 inches of increased height. Unfortunately it just wasn't enough of a difference, my knees were still in a position that irritated them.

It's unfortunate, as I really like the MT225HE; it's simple, rugged, and well featured. My wife liked the blue too, which doesn't hurt.
Yep, we did have that conversation..... shame that you still couldn't get comfortable... that is important. Ergonomics are good on the 225-S. I was surprised how comfortable it was when I tried out my neighbor's.

Good luck with your search / decision. Have you looked at the Branson 2515H? It's a nice tractor.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #65  
Yep, we did have that conversation..... shame that you still couldn't get comfortable... that is important. Ergonomics are good on the 225-S. I was surprised how comfortable it was when I tried out my neighbor's.

Good luck with your search / decision. Have you looked at the Branson 2515H? It's a nice tractor.

Oh I certainly have, it's actually the Branson I'm considering.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #66  
I've heard that oleander smoke is toxic, a concern in these fire-danger parts

One of my botany professors had a story of stopping at a road side rest area where some folks had cut the neaby oleander to make stakes for broiling hot dogs. He had to tell them that Oleander is very poisonous and that they should not eat the hot dogs.

So yea, I would be as wary of smoke from burning Oleander as from burning poison oak.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #67  
I've heard that oleander smoke is toxic, a concern in these fire-danger parts

One of my botany professors had a story of stopping at a road side rest area where some folks had cut the neaby oleander to make stakes for broiling hot dogs. He had to tell them that Oleander is very poisonous and that they should not eat the hot dogs.

So yea, I would be as wary of smoke from burning Oleander as from burning poison oak.

Too late!

I'd not heard that about the smoke nor did it occur to me that might be the case. The hedge has really taken off just in the last week and adds so much to the landscape that I'm good with the possible tradeoff.

Eric, I drove up to Mount Umunhum this spring and saw tons of this beautiful yellow shrub everywhere. I later identified it as Spanish Broom. Though invasive (and really that's an interesting discussion when you think of honey bees and the thousands of other non-native species in North America), it's drought tolerant and quite lovely. It also has a lovely scent.

Are you familiar with the Spanish Broom and do you have any thoughts on it? I'm thinking of planting some of that around the property here.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #68  
We have its relatives, Scotch and French broom. Both are hugely invasive and a big problem. One plant can produce thousands of seeds. Left alone for a few years it'll make a thicket that's 10' high and totally impassible. A lot of the brush I have been cutting and chipping is broom.

Places I have cleared of broom or had a broom plant seed out anywhere near by (the pods shoot the seeds quite a ways) have to be patrolled and all the seedlings pulled up for a number of years. I wouldn't plant it. Maybe the planted cultivars are less aggressive but I would not bet on it.

A native plant that I encourage on my land is sticky monkeyflower.

It's not as aggressive as broom and probably a bit harder to grow but it's got pretty flowers. You can see many small stands of it on the roadsides of highway 17.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #70  
Too late!

I'd not heard that about the smoke nor did it occur to me that might be the case. The hedge has really taken off just in the last week and adds so much to the landscape that I'm good with the possible tradeoff.

Eric, I drove up to Mount Umunhum this spring and saw tons of this beautiful yellow shrub everywhere. I later identified it as Spanish Broom. Though invasive (and really that's an interesting discussion when you think of honey bees and the thousands of other non-native species in North America), it's drought tolerant and quite lovely. It also has a lovely scent.

Are you familiar with the Spanish Broom and do you have any thoughts on it? I'm thinking of planting some of that around the property here.
I'd stay away from brooms.

Like @ericm979 I pull broom whenever I see it, but unfortunately my neighbors all have heavy coverings of it.

Not only is it invasive, though - it's really flammable, even green. Would not advise.

Re oleander - I pity any fire crews that come to help with a future fire on your property. I tore out what was here when we moved here.
Screenshot_20220619-092621.jpg