Post your Branson at work. Picture thread

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #31  
It just doesn't seem to do what I want, ever. Does not grab and hold on, I can never seem to get it to get under stuff. It's a cheap one, came with the tractor. I was noob and did not know what to look for.
Mine's a EA Wicked and it often does not scoop under stuff. It works sometimes but it's not a dependable way to do it for me. What's worked pretty well for me for logs is to contact the front log with the tines and then roll the grapple forwards while inching the tractor forwards until the grapple is facing down. Hopefully the tines are on the other side of the logs and I can grab them from above by squeezing the top and bottom around the logs. If the pile of logs is too big then I need to separate them first (and not by using the lids to pull at them as that can put a lot of pressure on the hydraulics).

The Wicked grapple does have pretty good teeth on it and I have been able to grab logs so big that I could not close the lids around them.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #32  
My 2515H has been awesome.

Attachments

• 5CA57867-2970-4605-8455-FAE53FFB6C39.jpeg
    5CA57867-2970-4605-8455-FAE53FFB6C39.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 93
  • 9740F9AA-7137-42DD-ACAA-97B3A1AAEAE6.jpeg
    9740F9AA-7137-42DD-ACAA-97B3A1AAEAE6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
  • B6969A69-19FE-4B85-ADE7-90DB7B0BC5BE.jpeg
    B6969A69-19FE-4B85-ADE7-90DB7B0BC5BE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • F2418A4C-00AE-4E3A-AF52-939A96CD24EE.jpg
    F2418A4C-00AE-4E3A-AF52-939A96CD24EE.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 89164C4C-07CE-49DF-8A2B-497D991DB938.jpeg
    89164C4C-07CE-49DF-8A2B-497D991DB938.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
   / Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #33  
IMG_9978.jpeg

IMG_5032.jpeg

On the subject of grapples, I'm pretty sure they're not better for brush piles than my pallet forks. The pallet forks do really well with logs too and they weigh less than the grapples so there's more lifting capacity. I've never felt like I needed a grapple. I wish I had a buddy who had one that I could try out.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #34  
On the subject of grapples, I'm pretty sure they're not better for brush piles than my pallet forks. The pallet forks do really well with logs too and they weigh less than the grapples so there's more lifting capacity. I've never felt like I needed a grapple. I wish I had a buddy who had one that I could try out.
You do have a buddy with one Bob, come on over and use it anytime you like.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #36  
I was using my homemade backhoe in conjunction with my Branson today moving some dirt and rocks (may have a video of that in the future) and the long lost brother from another mother came over for a visit to pick up a generator I fixed for the owner. 😃

IMG_20220609_170055.jpg

This is a 2015 Kioti CK35 and mine is a 2017 Branson F36Rn. A couple things I liked on it was the ignition switch and light switch were mounted on top of the dash. In the beginning I kept hitting the blinker switch and ignition with my knees. I've since learn to avoid without, surprisingly, breaking a key or a switch.

It also had a slightly better control layout and ergonomics, specially in the 3 PT control area and also had the loader valve and joystick as standard and integrated on the right fender. Branson only offered that one or two years after I bought mine.

Other than that, the Branson heavy and robust construction just shines in every way possible.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #37  
Been doing some mowing with my new flail mower.
It's an 86" Victory mower.
This one;
1655155430179.png

Here she is getting assembled,
Pic 3.jpg

Finally started working it Saturday and then several hours today;

This picture she is at 45 degrees or higher cutting up a bank.
mowing about 45-50 degrees up.jpg

And these next two she is tilted down about 45 degrees down a bank.
mowing about 45 degrees down 1.jpg

mowing about 45 degrees down 2.jpg

She seems to be working quite good, it is heavy and will bounce the tractor around a bit.
You can really feel the weight when carrying it when swung all the way out on a side slope.
I'm fairly well pleased with it.
I did have to replace half a dozen grease zerks that were mis-shapened.
And I'll need to get a CV joint for this pto shaft or buy a shaft that has one,
and this long shaft doesn't have a grease zerk on the pto tubes.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #38  
Lou, I hope it serves you well for many years to come. I just pull my PTO shaft apart on mine and spray it with Corrosion X. I have had good success doing that for many years. Once a year works for me.

Last edited:
   / Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #39  
She seems to be working quite good, it is heavy and will bounce the tractor around a bit.
You can really feel the weight when carrying it when swung all the way out on a side slope.
I'm fairly well pleased with it.
I did have to replace half a dozen grease zerks that were mis-shapened.
And I'll need to get a CV joint for this pto shaft or buy a shaft that has one,
and this long shaft doesn't have a grease zerk on the pto tubes.

Your tractor is a tank, it must be one of the largest machines Branson has built? Could you post some pictures of it?

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #40  
There should be some scattered around here,
yes she is the 8050 which was the largest Branson imported to here.
Which Branson has not supported very well either.
She is right at 10,000 pounds with the loader on, then I have added 1200 pounds of wheel weights.
Branson with chains.jpg

with a 4 row JD no-till planter on a tilled field.
Pic 4.jpg

tedding hay in AC comfort
IMG_20160616_114934689.jpg

a pallet of coal for supplemental heating
coal 3.jpg