Power Beyond from in series plumbing a loader valve on 3810 etc.

/ Power Beyond from in series plumbing a loader valve on 3810 etc. #21  
My 3000 went out the door at $4K.
Renovated to new appearance and with loader? Ouch! You must have gotten there in their early days. That's practically giving it away.

That's about what I paid for my thrashed-looking (but reliable) YM240 with loader from a local farmer.

/ Power Beyond from in series plumbing a loader valve on 3810 etc.
Yup id say the thickness is a good indicator of volume as a comparison measure between pumps it sure is with automotive oil pumps. I am going to hard line my return to 3/4 like Kenmac next and if that is a bust a used bigger pump off a JD or new pump at Hoye is next after that.

I am on a mission now I got started on this I will have a loader that works one way or another! I know the shop foreman at the local JD ag dealer so may have him scrounge around for a used 950 or 1050 pump cheap before I spend 400 on a new one.

/ Power Beyond from in series plumbing a loader valve on 3810 etc. #23  
Yes, I did get it in the early days, about 10 years ago. There is another side to that story. Sure, I did get it out the door cheap, but this one had more than a few problems. Van was honest, as usual, a good seller, great people. Had to split the tractor right after I got it home and start repairs. Over the years, I put close to $2000 in parts repairing stuff. More time and machine work than the parts though. They were having big problems with their "Rebuild" factory in VN. Nice paint job, but that's about all. Sure, I did double my purchase price, but considering the cost of the parts and labor, I might have just broke even. The only good thing about that tractor was the engine, everything else needed work. It was a good match for a retired machinist with a home shop. Back to the subject of the thread, I can imagine the hyd pump on this 3000 could have been tired when I brought it home. A new pump made all the difference in how the FEL worked after installing a new one. I consider myself lucky in the end that the buyer got a good tractor, and I got most, if not all my time and money back out of it.
Chris

/ Power Beyond from in series plumbing a loader valve on 3810 etc.
Update: On a positive note we had 19 inches or so of snow in the last week 12 all at once and 20-30 mph winds yesterday we need the moisture badly Id love to have 19 more just spread out a bit. I had drifts across my drive into the shop getting close to 2 feet that would build back up in an hour or so closing my drive to anything but a 4wd truck.

This morning I had to bucket the snow out 1 at a time out in order to get down to the road the drifts were too big to drag or push. Anyway I am a lot closer than I thought to having this loader figured out she worked pretty darn good way way better than before. :thumbsup:

I found at a steady 2200 rpm it works real nice in fact like I mentioned right after I added the PB the regen detent in my curl is actually a useful thing now haha. It used to be just a dead spot in the stick 90% of the time before I would be dumping and move the stick further to the right and she would just quit moving all together that was very frustrating to say the least.

So now I will be thinking hard about the 3/4 jic to pipe fittings and so on for the updated return. I have 1 problem with that change I think I may not have enough room to use a 3/4 90 with my cup holder right there behind the loader valve time will tell. I dont know enough about what fittings are available to say right now what I will end up with. I may wait till the snow is all gone to mess with that dont know.