Power Line to my house was broken

/ Power Line to my house was broken #151  
For years scrap yards here would not accept burnt copper. And they require either an electrical license for immediate payment or a drivers license and a check will be mailed in a few days. That stopped copper theft here for the most part.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #152  
Piloon, would this be the bank from Toronto ? They gave my wifes money to someone else as they typo'd their account number.No check, was a guy, and my wife isn't.
I won't even go into how they made my money disappear, and took 3 months to get back
No, was the Caisse in Quebec.
Don't know final details but when the teller pulled up the Hydro's web page for my acct it showed 2 accounts under my name.
For a fact I know we are 3 living locally with exact same names (I know them).
Also at one time I owned 3 properties.
The last points might explain the mixups.

Also have phone bill oddities come billing.
When I go to pay my bill a second one always pops up but wrong acct #.
Now I only have one land line and one cell # and never moved nor changed provider.
As to my cell it is only for emergency and never used for texting, in fact rarely even switched on.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #153  
One of our company semi‘s was involved in a 4am accident with a pickup on a remote highway. The three fellows in the pickup died. Cause of the accident couldn’t be determined but our insurance paid an $8 million settlement to the families. Pickup bed contained several stolen A/C units. 4am.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #154  
One of our company semi‘s was involved in a 4am accident with a pickup on a remote highway. The three fellows in the pickup died. Cause of the accident couldn’t be determined but our insurance paid an $8 million settlement to the families. Pickup bed contained several stolen A/C units. 4am.

My goodness.

Hope that insurance company didn’t raise your rates? Otherwise, U’d be looking for a new insurance company.

MoKelly

/ Power Line to my house was broken #155  
I’m a little late to the party, but if your pole distribution is 2 wires, it’s likely a hot and a neutral. If it’s 3 wire it’s likely 3 phase, all are hot. Course there are exceptions, so I say likely.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #156  
When I worked in a foreign country, the power company would cut off electricity on people when they didn't pay their bills by removing the meter.
Almost daily stories of people getting zapped while trying to jumper the meter connections.
Not the best way to cut off power, or try to restore it :-(

/ Power Line to my house was broken #157  
When I worked in a foreign country, the power company would cut off electricity on people when they didn't pay their bills by removing the meter.
Almost daily stories of people getting zapped while trying to jumper the meter connections.
Not the best way to cut off power, or try to restore it :-(
Did you work in the U.S.? Because that's what they do here, too. They remove the meter.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #158  
Did you work in the U.S.? Because that's what they do here, too. They remove the meter.
Our local power company installed smart meters they can now tell in the system when the meter is pulled and power is out. Then they send a trouble shooter to that residence to see why customer lost power.One would think this would cut down on power theft.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #159  
People in some areas "borrow" others water meters. Can you imagine taking the meter from your neighbor so they don;t have water. Consulting for a water firm, and this happened a lot in one state, but was pretty common.

Do they really remove the meter here too? Seems like there are a lot of other safer ways to do this.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #160  
People in some areas "borrow" others water meters. Can you imagine taking the meter from your neighbor so they don;t have water. Consulting for a water firm, and this happened a lot in one state, but was pretty common.

Do they really remove the meter here too? Seems like there are a lot of other safer ways to do this.

I can't imagine that because I don't have a water meter and none of my neighbors do either. Never had one. Never saw a water meter used with a well.