Power Line to my house was broken

/ Power Line to my house was broken #271  
@EddieWalker that is great news!

To finish my little transformer story, it turned out that the phase was right and the pump actually was putting out full flow.

It turns out that the reason that the microwave has been rather anemic the last year or so was the lack of a grounded neutral at the transformer. Having read this thread, you would think that the thought should have crossed my mind, but it didn't.:rolleyes: The microwave is working great now.

The pump seems to need to be replaced, and I wonder if its demise was hastened by a lack of ground at the transformer creating some sort of ground loop and corrosion at the pump.

All the best,

Peter

/ Power Line to my house was broken
I received this email today from Customer Protection Division Public Utility Commission of Texas

Here is a copy of what it says about my complaint.

RE: Complaint # CP2021081228

Dear Mr Walker:

The Customer Protection Division (CPD) of the Public Utility Commission of Texas received your informal complaint concerning Oncor Electric Delivery Company (Oncor). Your complaint stated that in 3/2021, the lower power line was broken by a crew working next door. Oncor came out and rolled up the wire and said that it would come back and fix it but as of 8/30/2021 the power line was still broken. After receiving your complaint, we submitted a request to Oncor for a response regarding your account.

According to the information provided by Oncor, on 03/28/2021 it received your report of a downed line. Upon arrival, the technician determined it was a downed neutral line. The line was rolled up on the pole and an order was created to make the necessary repairs which would be scheduled at a later date. Oncor crews completed the repairs on 9/17/2021.

Based on CPD’s informal review of the information provided by you and Oncor it has been determined that it appears that Oncor did not make efforts to conduct the repairs as soon as possible. The neutral wire is necessary for the reliability of the circuit and a state of disrepair could lead to service problems. The actions of Oncor may have been inconsistent with 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) § 25.52(b)(1), relating to reliability and continuity of service.

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns. If we can assist you with future utility concerns, please contact us toll free through our Customer Assistance Call Center at 1-888-782-8477.

Sincerely,

Maria M. Powers

Customer Protection Division

Public Utility Commission of Texas

/ Power Line to my house was broken #273  
So did you drive by and see if it is actually repaired? People have been known to lie.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #274  
glad they finally showed up.

/ Power Line to my house was broken
So did you drive by and see if it is actually repaired? People have been known to lie.
Yes, it happened to the side of my front gate.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #276  
Like I said in an earlier post, this whole thing was unacceptable and should have been picked up and sleeved back together by the first lineman who showed up to the downed wire, I responded to these types of calls on stand-by for years and never left a downed wire of the power company that I was working for un-repaired, when I left it was fixed and done right, no need for the Public Service Commission to have to get involved.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #277  
Like I said in an earlier post, this whole thing was unacceptable and should have been picked up and sleeved back together by the first lineman who showed up to the downed wire, I responded to these types of calls on stand-by for years and never left a downed wire of the power company that I was working for un-repaired, when I left it was fixed and done right, no need for the Public Service Commission to have to get involved.
100% agree with this statement.Unbelievable your power company waited so long to do the repair. :cry:

/ Power Line to my house was broken #278  
I wonder if anyone at either company is concerned about the 16 code violations. Or if anything might change for the better.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #279  
Is the cost per kW at least cheap?

I'm paying almost 25 cents commercial and residential over 30 cents at times....

For the money we should have the best utility bar none but no longer the case.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #280  
i pay about $0.065 /KW. there are no peak times used here. our service is top notch. we are a coop electric supplier. but all equipment is near new and very timely repairs.