power tool recommendation

/ power tool recommendation #81  
hello to all,

it's hard to believe the reviews online, so I am asking any of you that have owned a power washer for at least 2-4 yrs and like the results, what do you use? Looking for something w 2500-3000psi, for both home and ranch operations. Unfortunately my grew legs and it is gone. I still have the hoses, wand, attachments and other. Looking for a reliable make & model.

really would appreciate what you like about it and it's performance. if you have one that's been performing poorly, that's good to know too.

thank you very much,
tstex
I have an earlier version of this one from Northern Tool: https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200788686_200788686. I've had it for over 12 years with zero problems. Whatever you choose, I'd recommend you look for one with a Honda motor and CAT pump. Change out any zinc-coated hose pressure fittings with brass or even better, and not too much more expensive, stainless fittings. Check your engine oil and pump oil (use CAT-branded pump oil in a CAT pump) regularly and shut the fuel flow off and run the motor until it stalls out before winter storage. Fill the pump with RV antifreeze before winter (put intake tube in bottle of antifreeze with ignition off....pull motor start cord repeatedly to initiate pumping function.....keep pulling until antifreeze emerges from pump outlet. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this has been a great machine for me and that maintenance routine has worked for me for 12 years. Every Spring, she starts right up.

/ power tool recommendation #82  
I know that you are looking for a new unit, but I just wanted to say that this old Sears Craftsman pressure washer with a Briggs and Stratton, given to me 10 years ago and at least 10 years old then. Needed the pump head rebuilt when I got it, but parts were easy to find. That alone made it a good thing.
presswash.jpg

/ power tool recommendation #84  
I have a tractor supply cheapie that works fine. I believe the key is non ethanol gas and using one of the generic pump lubes when you're done. I pull the plug, screw the bottle on, and put a spring clamp on it to squeeze it in (because my ripcord is on the other side). Pull it over till the magic juice comes out and put it away. I do this even if I think i'm using it soon because soon has a way of getting far away!

/ power tool recommendation #85  
Honda motor and a Cat pump!
We had Cat pumps that came on the equipment in a car wash we built.

/ power tool recommendation #86  
I thought Honda didnt make pressure washers. seems like the closest thing to one is everyone elses brand pumps with Honda power.
Whats Honda'S model number on yours?
Working at a small engine shop I always advised customers if they had a Honda Pressure washer they better not use it and make sure it was always kept locked up, as they had the only one Honda ever made. They would look confused and then I would tell them Honda never made a pressure washer. "well it says Honda" Thats the engine NOT the whole unit, I would reply.

/ power tool recommendation #87  
What pressure washer that will last to purchase? The best industrial/commercial washer you can afford. Of course, that is of little help if you don't unhook and drain the unit and hoses when you stop using it. I've some come into the shop that were corroded from water in the pump and hose, and hoses that the fittings needed to be cut off the pump because they were put on when the unit was new and never removed, yes even quick couplers.

/ power tool recommendation #88  
I'm beginning to believe anything with a Honda motor on it is ok....
Providing that you fully drain the pump during cold months. Take the hose off pump, pull cord a few times. Expanding H2O plays havoc with pumps

/ power tool recommendation #89  
It is very important to read the operating instructions first. Don't let it load up, Keep trigger pulled as much as possible and above ALL Drain what you can and keep it in an area that is ALWAYS above freezing as the pump is very difficult to drain and you never know if it has been totally drained.

/ power tool recommendation #90  
Bought a Subaru at Sam's for under $200. Worked well. The next year I couldn't get it to fire at all. Small engine shops said to throw it away cuz there would be no parts.
Bought a washer from Northern Tool, an M15781120F. 3. The salesman upsold me by $75 to a model that had a continuous duty cycle instead of 50%. Same Honda motor on both, but a better pump. 4 years and it starts on one pull. Picture of the pump attached. Probably close to $1000 since it was about $800 then.
Just make sure you put premium gas in any of these small engines. The ethanol screws them up pretty fast.
20221017_183231.jpg