Predator yay or nay

/ Predator yay or nay #32  
I currently have a Subaru 25 hp engine in my 2422 chassis but am having issues with keeping it running steadily. Im considering installing a Predator 22 hp engine into my unit and see how it does. I can get the additional warranty to guard against failure or any other issues. I dont have any problem swapping it out and it cost less than half the price of a Kholer. Just asking for everyones opinions and experiences.
Very few issues doing this with my 2422. The charging capacity for running lights and pto solenoid, etc, along with the different drive shaft diameter are the major problems. Just buy a new coupling half (1") for the new engine. I am currently using a charger to keep the battery charged, but the engine works great so far (about three months). Starts easily and no issues. any suggestions for charging are welcome.

/ Predator yay or nay #35  
I've had a couple predators for years, no problem. I also see them on a lot of these long tail boat motors. Sure them boys on TV on them alligator shows run them Hondas. But the real common type folk out here have Predators. We have alligators too.

/ Predator yay or nay #36  
I repowered an old Ariens 5.5Hp Tecum$hit engine with a Predator 212cc 6.5hp. The snowblower never performed better in it's life.......highly recommended, but I did three 1 hour long runs with oil change in between each hour to break it in. Probably has something to help prolong the life of the engine.

/ Predator yay or nay #37  
I would never buy a Honda when I can get a reliable Predator for half price.
My Honda issue came with an engine that came with a piece of equipment I bought, I would never purchase one either. The asking price compared to other engines on the market is way outta line.

The piece of equipment mow has a Pred on it.

/ Predator yay or nay #38  
I repowered an old Ariens 5.5Hp Tecum$hit engine with a Predator 212cc 6.5hp. The snowblower never performed better in it's life.......highly recommended, but I did three 1 hour long runs with oil change in between each hour to break it in. Probably has something to help prolong the life of the engine.
Tecumseh's are chronic oil burners from the get go and the carbs were always touchy too.

/ Predator yay or nay #39  
Tecumseh's are chronic oil burners from the get go and the carbs were always touchy too.
I have a Predator 212cc 6.5hp on my dump from seat collection system I purchased used 7 years ago. I was concerned so I bought a backup new with a coupon on sale for $56.00 to keep on the shelf. The original looked tired but I use Mobil 1 and check every time I use it. The Predator has surprised me completely. I have played with small engines as a hobby for over 40 years and for the price, this thing takes a beating. I did however put a oem HONDA air cleaner on it rather than a foam pad. the air cleaner needs service often and the foam pad would have failed terribly.

/ Predator yay or nay #40  
I really don't know how many hours I have on mine (same as yours) on my washdown pressure washer and I agree, the air cleaner is somewhat marginal but mine gets cleaned and oiled when I change to engine oil. Been on there trough 2 AR pumps already so it's been at least 10 years. The muffler shroud is getting a little rusty but other than that, starts first or second pull every time and it's still on it's original 'Torch' sparkplug too. Like I said, the original Honda lasted a whole 7 hours and tossed a rod and Honda would not warrant it, said I ran it low on oil which was interesting as it like the Pred, had low oil shutdown.

I'm totally done with over priced Honda junk. At today's prices, you can buy 3 Preds for the cost of 1 Honda.