Predator yay or nay

/ Predator yay or nay #11  
Replaced the original B&S engine on my Troybilt Pony tiller with a predator of similar hp. Took a bit of fiddling to get the spacing right for the drive Vbelt. The original engine had a counter rotating auxiliary shaft that was used for reverse, no longer have reverse, but the tiller is small enough to muscle around if I need to. Could not find an OEM replacement either.
Predator was inexpensive and runs great, much easier to start than the original. Gas shut off valve is nice as it allows me to run the carburetor dry when I am done. Will it last as long as the original? Don't really care, it will probably outlast me.:giggle:

/ Predator yay or nay #12  
Yay on Predator. If you're in Toccoa, you've got HF right there. With the warranty, you're pretty well covered in case of problems.

/ Predator yay or nay #13  
If you can get a Honda for anywhere close to the price of the predator, you would be crazy not to get the Honda. Warranties won't cover removal and reinstallation. Has anyone ever complained about a Honda engine. I don't recall anyone complaining about one. Take @agjones up on his offer.

/ Predator yay or nay #14  
   / Predator yay or nay #15  
I have no intentions of sellinggonna go with me till i die lol, my wife calls it my Girlfriend. I just want dependability. I was told they have the issue of dying out from getting too hot, which mine is doing. (the dying out part) i have one of the 8 hp predator engines on my street blower and runs very well bit not sure how the twins do.
There is nothing to be ashamed of having a cheap girlfriend that "puts out". They sure do cost less to replace.

/ Predator yay or nay #17  
I’ve heard nothing but good things about Predator motors, and they cost half as much as a comparable Honda.

/ Predator yay or nay #18  
Has anyone ever complained about a Honda engine. I don't recall anyone complaining about one.
I blew one up on my tiller (threw the rod at 6 hours) and the local Honda dealer said it was my fault. NO WARRANTY...replaced it with a Pred, never looked back.. I can buy 2 preds for the cost of 1 Honda.

Pred on the tiller, on the pressure washer on the log splitter too. All run well and start easier.

/ Predator yay or nay #20  
Replaced the original B&S engine on my Troybilt Pony tiller with a predator of similar hp. Took a bit of fiddling to get the spacing right for the drive Vbelt. The original engine had a counter rotating auxiliary shaft that was used for reverse, no longer have reverse, but the tiller is small enough to muscle around if I need to. Could not find an OEM replacement either.
Predator was inexpensive and runs great, much easier to start than the original. Gas shut off valve is nice as it allows me to run the carburetor dry when I am done. Will it last as long as the original? Don't really care, it will probably outlast me.:giggle:
Had the BS motor on my MTD lawn tractor break a connecting rod which on the net says happens to lots on them, put a predator 23 hp v twin and have 100 hours and no prolbem. The only ***** I have is with Harbour Freight, I live in Panama and they except Visa but will not ship to a freight forwarder. Had a friend in Houston go to the store and buy it, take it to a trucking company and hual it to my freight forwarder in Miami, a extra $100 because HF are assholes