Predator yay or nay

/ Predator yay or nay #21  
Different companies have different policies, not assholes, just their policy. You still got away a helluva lot cheaper than buying something else.

/ Predator yay or nay #22  
I always get a kick out of the Honda saying 'You meet the nicest people on a Honda, should be, 'Your wallet gets much lighter with a Honda'... :p
If you can get a Honda for anywhere close to the price of the predator, you would be crazy not to get the Honda. Warranties won't cover removal and reinstallation. Has anyone ever complained about a Honda engine. I don't recall anyone complaining about one. Take @agjones up on his offer.
Read my post number 18...

/ Predator yay or nay #23  
Different companies have different policies, not assholes, just their policy. You still got away a helluva lot cheaper than buying something else.
If they are willing to ship to a addy in the US then why not to a freight forwarder. My opinion stands. They have their money no matter where it goes

/ Predator yay or nay #24  
I always get a kick out of the Honda saying 'You meet the nicest people on a Honda, should be, 'Your wallet gets much lighter with a Honda'... :p

Read my post number 18...
I am sure there are many also who cuss at the word predator. Your sample size of one, is statistically irrelevant. While you had a bad experience, and others may have also. I would bet that you would find the predator to be a much worse decision. But hey, you get to make that twice, to one Honda. Suggesting that a cheap knockoff is better than the engineered original is disingenuous at best.

Would love to hear the details of your bad experience, maybe the dealer screwed you.

/ Predator yay or nay #25  
I am sure there are many also who cuss at the word predator. Your sample size of one, is statistically irrelevant. While you had a bad experience, and others may have also. I would bet that you would find the predator to be a much worse decision. But hey, you get to make that twice, to one Honda. Suggesting that a cheap knockoff is better than the engineered original is disingenuous at best.

Would love to hear the details of your bad experience, maybe the dealer screwed you.
On the flip side, has anyone had a problem with a Predator engine?

/ Predator yay or nay #26  
Has anyone ever complained about a Honda engine. I don't recall anyone complaining about one.

You are the one stated no one ever complained, so I replied. Simply the dealer submitted a claim saying the end user (me) caused the failure due lack of lubrication which I found interesting as it was at 6 hours and it was full. No biggie, went to the landfill and I run Preds now. End of story. End of answer.

/ Predator yay or nay #27  
On the flip side, has anyone had a problem with a Predator engine?
I'm sure there are. However at less than half the cost of a comparable Honda, the bad taste of failure is a lot less. None of the 3 I have, have caused me any issues at all. The one on the pressure washer is 6 years old, still on the OEM spark plug, clean the AF and change the oil every fall. Starts second pull. I'm good with that.

/ Predator yay or nay #28  
I'm sure there are. However at less than half the cost of a comparable Honda, the bad taste of failure is a lot less. None of the 3 I have, have caused me any issues at all. The one on the pressure washer is 6 years old, still on the OEM spark plug, clean the AF and change the oil every fall. Starts second pull. I'm good with that.
I have one on my log splitter. It's been sitting for 2 years. I'm tempted to bring it out, dust it off, check the oil, and see of the 2 year old E10 gas is still good. Maybe in the end of June or start of July.

/ Predator yay or nay #29  
If you bothered to add Marine Stabil (blue) it should be. if not, the carb is probably gunked up.

/ Predator yay or nay #30  
If you bothered to add Marine Stabil (blue) it should be. if not, the carb is probably gunked up.
We'll see. No stabil added. I did use the fuel shutoff switch before I shut it down, so maybe not.