preffered size for "large" square bales ?

/ preffered size for "large" square bales ? #1  

buickanddeere

Tractor
Deere, several
I'm considering selling commercial amounts of hay as a cash crop and custom baling.
In you various areas of the world. What is the preferred size of 8ft long hay bale ? 3X3, 3X4 or 4X4 ?

/ preffered size for "large" square bales ? #2  
Like roundbales, big squares are bigger further west. Here in the east most big square bales are 3x3's. Imported western irrigated alfalfa bales tend to be 4x4's. Never see or hear much about 3x4's, I suppose they are inefficient on a 48 or 53 foot trailer.

/ preffered size for "large" square bales ? #3  
b&d
Are you considering performing the custom baling instead of nuclear work? I asked a local dairyman and he stated he only received 4X4 Alfalfa bales when he ordered hay.

/ preffered size for "large" square bales ? #5  
in florida we get 3x3 alfalfa or tim/alfalfa ( import from ga usually )

/ preffered size for "large" square bales ? #6  
jim

I have to do something when I retire .

I figured your wife had what you would do upon retirement already planned out. Down here it's called a "honey do list":D

/ preffered size for "large" square bales ? #7  
3x3 is the size that we can sell easiest to the states . A lot of the dairies we sell to handle bales with skid steers not real loaders so don't like heavy 4x4's as they are too heavy to lift 2 at a time . We find also they fit the trailers better if they are 3x3x7ft6 .
Hay that stays in Canada are all 4x5 or 4x6 any wider and truckers will not touch them .