Premix vs gas station 2 stroke

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #91  
No. Ethanol doesn't clog carbs. Dirt clogs carbs. Ethanol can dissolve old o-rings, fuel lines, and such, however, most things manufactured since the mid 80's that still have carburetors are made with components that won't be affected by ethanol.

The main concern people have is fearing that ethanol will absorb water when stored, leading to problems. However, I find that a non-issue IF you follow your manufacturers recommendations on fuel and fuel storage. Been using 87 octane e10 since the mid 80's and never once have I had a fuel issue due to ethanol.

Think about it. I started driving in the 70's. Had to deal with frozen fuel lines at least once or twice a winter. Had to remember to add HEET to the gas tank regularly. Rebuilt carbs every 75-100,000 miles. And that's on cars that were frequently used. Leave a lawn mower or outboard motor with fuel in it and you were 50-50 as to if the carb was gonna get gummed up from fuel residue. Since the 80's when I started using 87 octane e10 fuel, I've never had a frozen fuel line. Never had to use HEET. Never had to rebuild another carb.

I'm convinced people that report ethanol related fuel problems in equipment manufactured after 1985 do not follow their factory recommended recommendations when it comes to fuel. They leave equipment sit with partial tanks in environments with widely changing temperatures, in storage containers that do not seal well, etc...

Get a couple gas cans, rotate them out into your automobile if it's been a few months. Only mix a gallon of 2-stroke fuel at a time if you're not going to be using it in a few months, etc...

Good luck with your particular equipment. Follow those manufacturer recommendations and you won't have any issues. ;)
I am sure you are correct but I do let things set with fuel in them (ATVs, lawnmower, tiller, etc). Before I switched to ethanol free fuel for small engines I was always tinkering with a carburetor. A few years back I started running only ethanol free fuel in all my small engines and have not touched a carburetor in that time. This is certainly is not a scientific study but I no intention of running ethanol fuel in any of my small engines.

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #92  
That engineered fuel does not contain benzene, which does far more damage than ethanol.
Unlike pumpgas, it is good for 2 years once opened. I lay all of my equipment up on it, and keep some on hand.

Even with stabilizer, gas is only good for 30 days.
Benzene free gasoline is a new one for me. Please provide some references. Are you talking about alcohol fuels?

Here's an interesting video comparison on gas stabilizers

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #93  
Benzene free gasoline is a new one for me. Please provide some references. Are you talking about alcohol fuels?
Maybe he's talking about this? :sneaky:

Though there's probably at least a little bit of benzene in just about any fuel past propane...