Premix vs gas station 2 stroke

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #11  
I don't think the $20+/gallon gas in a can use worth it at all; it's preying on modern folks' fear of not having *the very best*
I have to agree, I have not had a bit of issue from using blended gas from the pump after developing a strict regimen of treating all my storage cans with a mix of small amounts of Stabil, MMO and ATF. In fact it has cleaned up a few carbs that were acting up before I started doing it and I have some that sit for many months between uses, always put away with full tanks.

During the summer I go though a gallon of mixed gas every other week, paying for premix would be unthinkable.

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #12  
I don't think the $20+/gallon gas in a can use worth it at all; it's preying on modern folks' fear of not having *the very best*

Ha. All the modern folks I know hire out all that “messy” stuff. Yard work. Tree trimming/removal. Leaves.

Most modern folks don’t even own work clothes.

MoKelly

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #13  
I use about 2 gallons per year of store bought pre-mix. $50.00 or so. In 2011 I bought a new string trimmer and blower. I have about 1 acre yard and have used the same equipment for the past 10 seasons and they sit up up from the end of October until April with the fuel that remained in them when the season ended. In April of each year I pull the starter cord and they start right up. I have never had to take the trimmer or blower to the repair shop. For me that is the best option. For heavy users, it could be expensive. One repair shop visit will buy more than 2 gallons of store bought pre-mix. It works for me. For my lawn tractor, 100% Gas and Fuel Life Extender (various brands) no repair visits with 450 hours on the mower.
Leo

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #14  
I use about 2 gallons per year of store bought pre-mix. $50.00 or so. In 2011 I bought a new string trimmer and blower. I have about 1 acre yard and have used the same equipment for the past 10 seasons and they sit up up from the end of October until April with the fuel that remained in them when the season ended. In April of each year I pull the starter cord and they start right up. I have never had to take the trimmer or blower to the repair shop. For me that is the best option. For heavy users, it could be expensive. One repair shop visit will buy more than 2 gallons of store bought pre-mix. It works for me. For my lawn tractor, 100% Gas and Fuel Life Extender (various brands) no repair visits with 450 hours on the mower.
Leo
For $50 a year in pre-mix fuel costs VS $6 for pump gas, every three years you could by a new Echo string trimmer and throw the old one away.

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #15  
For $50 a year in pre-mix fuel costs VS $6 for pump gas, every three years you could by a new Echo string trimmer and throw the old one away.

That's true. I also use pre-mixed gas (I believe it is also non-ethanol) for my leaf blowers (2) and chain saws. I have a lot more money invested than one trimmer. I think I go through 3-4 cans of gas each year ($80 total)

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #16  
I use the premix cans(95octain) in my STIHL chain saw because I only use it on an occasion and usually only use a tank full when i do so its worth it to me by the great performance i get outa the saw it just screams!! runs outstanding and carburetor is always spotlessly clean.

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #17  
I bought some premix from a Sears store that was closing it's door, so steep discount on it. 6 months later i checked it out, put it in my 30 year old Stihl, OMG! I just sat back and let it go to work.

Nah just joking, ran the same as the pump gas. No better, no worse. I did notice it had an expiration date on it and it was past the date. I could see someone might be convinced the convenience would be worth it.

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #18  
Also from anecdotal evidence, I have had lawn mowers and 2 stroke stuff that crapped out within a few years because of using ethanol gas. When I go to use something I want it to work no matter how long its been sitting.

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #19  
I bought some premix from a Sears store that was closing it's door, so steep discount on it. 6 months later i checked it out, put it in my 30 year old Stihl, OMG! I just sat back and let it go to work.

Nah just joking, ran the same as the pump gas. No better, no worse. I did notice it had an expiration date on it and it was past the date. I could see someone might be convinced the convenience would be worth it.

In my saw I most definitely see a performance gain vs the crap that you get from the pump.

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #20  
............Nah just joking, ran the same as the pump gas. No better, no worse. I did notice it had an expiration date on it and it was past the date. I could see someone might be convinced the convenience would be worth it.

Same experience here. When I purchased a new blower they had the canned premix at BOGO plus a rebate. Worked just like my home brew DIY 2 cycle I mixed up at home. Convenient yes, but if I had both cans side by side with no labels - I would not know which was which by a performance difference.