Pressure washer

/ Pressure washer #11  
I have an old electric Kracher 1800 psi big box store washer that I still like to use on thing not needing the high pressure of the 4000 psi gas powered one. I use Purple Power in a pump garden sprayer, a quick soak and then hit it with the washer. Removes the grease and oil quickly, just do not let it soak for a long time or it will begin to work on the paint. So far anything 5 minutes or less has proven to be safe and still cut the crud.

Hot water or steam is the best way to go without a doubt.

/ Pressure washer #12  
Only issue with purple power is it leaves a white film on my stuff. I use ZEP instead in my foam cannon as a pre treat. In my view, the foam cannon was the best investment I ever made far as wand end accessories and for a nice spray wax job on the vehicles, I use Chemical Guys concentrated wax / clean formula.

One thing I learned a long while ago is, a belt drive PW pump lasts longer than a direct drive. Why mine is belt drive and inline pumps are much better than axial pumps, but they all run longer with regular oil changes. Axial pumps only come on cheaper PW's and they are cheap to replace whereas an inline isn't but the inline's are most all rebuildable

I run straight 30 weight non detergent in my pump(s). Just as good as the high buck CAT pump oil.

/ Pressure washer #13  
...Pressure and power is totally dependent on the capacity of your wallet.

That's a fact! :)

What model MiTM do you have? I need to consider a new unit.

/ Pressure washer #14  
What model MiTM do you have? I need to consider a new unit.
We have a MiTM at work for the past 17-18 years or so (don't know the model)
Its been a very good unit, very few issues and many, many hours of use.

/ Pressure washer #16  
Only issue with purple power is it leaves a white film on my stuff. I use ZEP instead in my foam cannon as a pre treat. In my view, the foam cannon was the best investment I ever made far as wand end accessories and for a nice spray wax job on the vehicles, I use Chemical Guys concentrated wax / clean formula.

I have not had any issue with it leaving a film, SO FAR... I do agree the use of a foam cannon is a nice addition to cleaning.

/ Pressure washer #17  
I have a Karcher electric PW that I bought from a Karcher shop (not a 'big box store') and it works great (8 years of infrequent use). It's not a 'heated/hot water' unit.

The reason that I went with this Brand is that the RAAF uses Karcher to wash-down their aircraft. I'm unsure if the RAN and/or Army use them too, but the government tends to purchase 'standard'. The internal workings of Karcher are brass.

/ Pressure washer #18  
Karcher is very popular among HVAC service tech's.

/ Pressure washer #20  
Karcher is very popular here in EU. They have 2 product lines - yellow is meant for domestic use while greys are "industrial" or "professional"

Friend of mine actually is Karcher sales rep, and he is very deep into that.
He uses to say that every washing have 3 equally important components:
1. Water temperature
2. mechanical action (in this case - water flow)
3. detergent
If you lack one of those, you can recover by increasing remaining 2. But withing certain limits.

I have yellow k7, which is biggest in their "domestic" line. Pressure up to 180 bar; 600 l/h; 3 kW motor (1f @ 220 V) and max 60 C water. It doesnt heat up, but can work with so hot water. For this reason I have made hot water outlet and I know from my own experience - this is really important point to consider.

Other than that - I have PW all my cars, motorcycles, now tractor without any problems. Use common sense and everything will be fine.

P.S. Just take care of aluminum and inox parts. Keep them in mind when you buy detergent. Especially - aluminum. Aggressive soap will leave "patina". That's not so important for tractors, as most of their parts are just painted, but for motorcycle owners that is a little struggle

P.P.S. yeah, foam gun is a thing