Price Check Price for TC35D

/ Price for TC35D #1  

OverlyRun

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC35 bought 5/01
I am considering a TC35D to use at a weekend place in western Virginia on 160 acres of hilly woods with about 30 acres of open field that need mowing. Brush piles needs pushing, stumps need pulling and roads need scraping or mowing. This web site has been a huge help in thinking about what I need and can afford.

Here's what I have been offered:
TC35D FWD w ag tires: $16,000
FEL 16LA w 60" bucket and rear tires fluid filled: $4150
Teeth for FEL: $225
Supersteer option: $900

Dealer recommends Woods rotary cutter and I see no reason not to take his advice. Woods 72" medium duty Brush Bull with stump jumper and slip clutch: $1750

Total out the door for the above $23,025.

Question 1: Is SuperSteer worth $900?
Question 2: What are others paying for similar setup or components? I will get a second quote locally (if 75 miles is local) but any other input might make the total easier to negotiate or to swallow.

Once I own one I can challenge the collective ingenuity here with a more complicated problem I will surely get into, but I will welcome any help getting beyond the brochure phase.

Chas

/ Price for TC35D #2  
As a comparison, I was recently quoted $19,200 for a TC35D with R4's and 16LA loader.

/ Price for TC35D #3  
Obviously, there must be a need or use for some people for supersteer on New Hollands or bi-speed turn on Kubotas, and I've admittedly never used a tractor with either of those options, but for my use, I can't imagine having a need for them either. Just seems to me to be more expense to buy and something else that might (or might never) go wrong and have to be fixed. And maybe if I used one, I might change my opinion./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Price for TC35D #4  
I sure hope those are real small "stumps" that need to be "pulled"... like saplings? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Price for TC35D
Thanks all for feedback so far.

Stumps are old partly rotted 8" pine stumps that I have been pulling by hand without too much effort, and have some confidence that a FEL tooth could pop out a lot faster than my pick ax. I've got a 4-5 acre field of them that previous owner cut at least 5 yrs ago.

None are located in such a tight corner that my skepticism about SuperSteer is diminished. Thanks Bird.

/ Price for TC35D #6  
Another data point for you: I've got a TC33D w/o SS. I tried the TC35D, TC29D, etc. with and without SS. I simply decided that the TC33D was the size for me and that SS had no value to me. I've used mine for a year now and have not had a situation where the SS would have benefited me. So for me, it wasn't worth $900. Other uses, other locations, it might be easily worthwhile (e.g. mowing machine).

/ Price for TC35D #7  
I think your prices are within reason but maybe a bit on the high side. I just signed a purchase agreement with the local dealer for:
TC35D with turf tires 15,363 without SS (dealer says the turfs cost 200 more on this model)
16LA w/72" H.D. bucket and chain hooks 3,375
Total purchase price for the TC35D with turf tires, 16LA loader with 72" H.D. bucket with chain hooks was 18,737. Out the door price including Michigan 6% sales tax was 19,862.28 I think I must have done well because the dealer fought a considerable battle before giving up the 28 cents to make it an even dollar amount. I enjoy bargining with salesmen. It is somewhat like arm wrestling except you use your mind. Other quotes that I received for the same package ranged as high as 20,900. Good luck with your purchase.

/ Price for TC35D #8  
Chas,

One quick comment. Slip clutches supposedly need to be adjusted on rotary cutters. I have a shear bolt for my woods cutter. Haven't broken it yet and no adjustments. It's easy and cheap to replace. Now if you think you will constantly be breaking them that is another issue. Just a thought.

Peter

/ Price for TC35D #9  
Chas,

Get a 6' bucket not the 5'. A 6' bucket extents beyond your wheels and makes most jobs easier (grading, snow removal, etc). The loader is easily strong enough to handle it. Oh, and get the service manuals! Have the dealer throw them in, they cost much more later. If nothing else they are a good reference.

Peter

/ Price for TC35D #10  
Wilson--were the chain hooks factory items, aftermarket items that were bolted or welded on???? You got one hell of a good price--congrats! Also, to pick your brain since you just finished this battle, I am considering a TC40D, but wonder if the additional 4 PTO hp is not worth the additional $1300 over the TC35D??