Price Check Pricing of 3130 3430

/ Pricing of 3130 3430 #1  

johnk

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags
During my lunch today I cruised by a Kubota dealer for some prices. I was looking @ a 3130 GST w/ 723 loader and AG tires. I got a price of $18,300. The Heavy duty bucket was $400 more. To go up to the 3430 he said was $1000 more. Is this a good price and would anybody move up 3 HP for a $1000????? Like the dealer put it.... If you keep the tractor for 20 years it's only $50 dollars a year or a dollar or so a week to have the extra HP under the hood. What do you think of this pricing??? Just Curious.......

/ Pricing of 3130 3430 #2  
The price quoted sounds reasonable and I don't want to start another long discussion of low price vs. good service. As far as the 3130 vs. the 3430, it is probably to get what is best for your needs both now and in the future. Before I got my Kubota, I had an IH 454 diesel with a HD loader. When I originally got it, I had a lot more time and a less (notice I didn't say a lot) money. I needed a utility, liked the power (40 hp) of the IH and did not mind constantly puttering around with it. When things in my life changed, my time really became a premium. I needed something that (if properly maintained), I could just turn the key and go. The problem I had with the 454 was that it was sometimes a little too big for getting in the woods and it did not have FWD which I needed to get into some of the wetter parts of the property. After looking at a lot of brands, I decided I needed a CUT based upon relative strength and size. I also I knew that I did not need 40 hp and that 30 - 35 would be sufficient. In other words, I looked for the smallest engine in the larger frame CUT class. That led me to either the IH D-35 or the Kubota 3130. I was ready to buy the IH; I'm a red guy at heart, but the local dealer backed out of the price he quoted me. Upon further search, I felt the Kubota had some built-in advantages and I got a good deal to boot. I feel the 3130 has plenty of power for what I use it for (Woods 9000 BH, 5 ft BH, 5 ft BB, etc.). I have never run out of power with it yet. Maybe a contractor who is trying to do as much work as possible in the shortest amount of time would find the extra 3 hp beneficial, but for me I'd rather spend the $1,000 on another implement.

/ Pricing of 3130 3430 #3  
johnk,

I think you are getting a whole lot more than just "3hp" for your $1000.

The 3430 is a physically larger machine, heavier, has lots of do dads and other stuff.

do it.

jb

/ Pricing of 3130 3430 #4  
My opinion is buy the L3130. They are the same tractor in pretty much every way...same chassis, same tires, same hydraulics, same transmission, same axles, everything except the 3 hp. Save the money and buy a tiller or something. The L3430 exists so Kubota has a tractor in every hp gap so comparisons can be made with the competition. The price is fair enough especially when you factor in the buying local factor. I would love to sell you one, but there would be no incentive for you to buy from me unless there are hidden charges somewhere (processing fees, delivery, prep, etc.). Hope that helps.

/ Pricing of 3130 3430
Then there is the heavy duty bucket and the square back bucket. Isn't the Square back bucket heavy duty??I figured if I got the HST the extra 3 ponies would make up for the JST loss or wouldn't it be noticable? I never drove a HST tractor..I think I'll stick to the gear.......Thanks for any info

/ Pricing of 3130 3430 #6  
The HST is the pinnacle of easy operation but there is a small loss in PTO hp. In the past, some people bought the GST because it was easy to use and because Kubota didn't have a very good cruise control on the hydros. Now, it seems like we are selling more HST units since the two are so close in price. Seems like I am seeing more DT and HST sales and less GST sales. The DT saves you some bucks but introduces the third lever into the mix which is just not as easy to operate. Typically, I see people who are predominantly mowing going with the HST and people who are going to have an emphasis on loader work going with the DT or GST. Also, if you are going to have several users, the HST is nice due to the learning curve (or lack thereof).

/ Pricing of 3130 3430
So whats the story on these two types of buckets? Heavy duty or square back. Which is the preferred and why? Tooth bar on the light duty should stiffen it moreso than a heavy duty. My question still is what about this square back bucket?? Thanks.

/ Pricing of 3130 3430 #8  
The heavy bucket is basically reinforced everywhere. It weighs around 60 pounds more but is the same volume. Unless you are going into an extreme application, the standard bucket will suffice. If there were less of a difference, it would be more tempting. However, $400 could almost buy you another standard bucket and will more than take care of your toothbar.

/ Pricing of 3130 3430
Thanks for your honesty. Is the square back bucket different from the HD bucket and the standard bucket. That was what I was led to believe. It seems as though 3 different buckets came into the options...

John

/ Pricing of 3130 3430 #10  
There are actually three different buckets. There is a light material bucket that I never even mention because it is only $20 less than the standard bucket and is quite a bit lighter (but holds alot more). Then there is the standard square back bucket that weighs 330 pounds. The heavy duty bucket is actually a round back that weighs 396 pounds and actually only costs about $260 more but I'm guessing your dealer has to order it and have it freighted in...thus the $400. The other advantage to the heavy bucket that I hadn't mentioned is that it is pre-drilled for the cutting edge. However, I think you mentioned you are going with the toothbar anyway.