Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #21  
I miss the old days when you could go into an auto parts store and if you were looking for an rubber O ring seal they would pull out a plastic tray and let you match em up yourself. Or get that good information to get you out of a bind.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #22  
Mahindra ...... "World's best selling tractor" ????
My what a helpful post. You seem to thrive on others misfortune as if your "inferences" have meaning otherwise.

All Mahindra parts assessment whether from India, South Korea or Japan, must first go through Mahindra Corporate in India, as they keep track of inventory and manufacturing processes at a central level as to know what needs are evident and what to produce and stock for the Mahindra's parts distribution Center in Houston and other parts of the world.. This tracking and resulting production has taken an enormous hit with the advent of covid.
This is slowing up things especially as India has been hit hard by covid. Who was going to work was no longer going to work.
Tym parts (the people who make Mahindra's mostly 2000 line) go directly to Tym dealerships from their own distribution center.
Not so with Mahindra who adds another, and I must say, what has now become a holding up step.
This process worked before. But the millions who got sick in India has thrown quite the monkey wrench in this endeavor. They can't even rectify the process at Mahindra Corporate because hardly anyone is able to come to work.
Covid has kicked the world's butt and especially in India where populations amass in crowded living conditions.
Sons, daughters, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters and grand parents have all succumbed at a heart wrenching rate for those who live in India. My heart goes out to these people.

Last edited:
   / Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #23  
I also had issues obtaining Mahindra parts. Took three months to receive a simple rear remote kit. I could have walked into a Kubota dealer and had parts in hand or within 10 days at the most. One has to understand the logistics chain to understand there are multiple break points. Covid is only one piece of the equation - there are several others at play. I was told Mahindra had outsourced their US part distribution channel and was in the process of bringing it back in house. Seems their outsourcing partner did a very poor job thus the change.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #25  
My what a helpful post. You seem to thrive on others misfortune as if your "inferences" have meaning otherwise.

All Mahindra parts assessment whether from India, South Korea or Japan, must first go through Mahindra Corporate in India, as they keep track of inventory and manufacturing processes at a central level as to know what needs are evident and what to produce and stock for the Mahindra's parts distribution Center in Houston and other parts of the world.. This tracking and resulting production has taken an enormous hit with the advent of covid.
This is slowing up things especially as India has been hit hard by covid. Who was going to work was no longer going to work.
Tym parts (the people who make Mahindra's mostly 2000 line) go directly to Tym dealerships from their own distribution center.
Not so with Mahindra who adds another, and I must say, what has now become a holding up step.
This process worked before. But the millions who got sick in India has thrown quite the monkey wrench in this endeavor. They can't even rectify the process at Mahindra Corporate because hardly anyone is able to come to work.
Covid has kicked the world's butt and especially in India where populations amass in crowded living conditions.
Sons, daughters, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters and grand parents have all succumbed at a heart wrenching rate for those who live in India. My heart goes out to these people.
Apparently a disproportionate number Mahindra tractors are "sick", with vaccines (parts) being so hard to come by.
Perhaps Kubotas, and JD's may just have a lesser affliction with parts failure!

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #26  
Apparently a disproportionate number Mahindra tractors are "sick", with vaccines (parts) being so hard to come by.
Perhaps Kubotas, and JD's may just have a lesser affliction with parts failure!
As if your descriptions bare any resemblance to actuality beyond the tiny scope of TBN or other blogs where ppl will eagerly mark complaints and not so much accolades.
But hey, disparagement seems to float your boat best.
Perhaps? As in "perhaps" you may just live longer than the next guy?

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #27  
My money don't. I stick with Kubota.
Why not. They make a nice machine.
I think one of the best.
I just won't succumb to their 0% financing making their stuff higher priced than necessary along with my nearest dealer and their arrogance causing me to think they can shove all their tractors where the sun don't shine.
I'll pick my own percentage rates.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #28  
I had an ok experience with mahindra parts this past fall, and again this month. In the fall i ordered some miscellaneous parts including filters and seat swivel plunger thingys, and most recently the fuel actuator went bad on my emax22. In both cases the dealer had the parts he ordered in his hands in less than a week. Further, my dealer (johnson automotive in bethany, ct) has given me what I would consider very good service and seem to be good honest folks although their parts seem to cost a bit more than other dealers in the area/online. On top of that, Mahindra even stepped up to help with the out of warranty repair costs. That said, the overall quality of my emax is not quite what youd find on a deere or kubota, however the machine costs a few thousand less and despite a few issues it performs as well or better than competing brands.

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #29  
They say it is a non standard size. I think the shop already tried other avenues.
In the 1960's & 1970's I was a professional mechanic, having served an 8,000 hour apprenticeship to earn a journeymens card. We commonly made O-rings to the size we needed back then from a kit kept in the tool room at my plant.
I'm fairly certain that's still possible as even more ways to make things happen have come along. O-rings are a very common item in a days work for many industries. See duffers post!

/ Problem with Getting Mahindra Parts #30  
I got a call this week that the O ring was in and it is ready to be picked up.