Problems starting my B7610

/ Problems starting my B7610 #1  

WayneW

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610
Sometimes my 7610 wont start. nothing. nada. Let it sit for a bit, and she'll start fine.

First I thought it might be the PTO switch or the clutch switch. Checked them both with an ohm meter. They work ok.

Then, I started experimenting to see if I could narrow it down.

When it's running, I put the hydro Hi/Lo/N shifter into N. (after putting on the emerg brake)
I **** her down & She seems to start back up every time. I then put into gear & go.

Not the case when I leave in gear (Hi or Lo) when shutting her down. In this case (here's the weird part) I need to play with the PTO lever AND/OR the Hydro lever a bit and she'll start.........sometimes. Sometimes not.

And far as I can tell, there is no safety switch of any sort on the Hi/Lo/N shifter, I mean there's no "override" for that lever. It doesn't matter if the tractor's in Hi, Lo, or N, it usually starts in any of the gears.

So back to the clutch safety switch. Tested it again. Seems fine.

Does anyone know if that hydro lever has anything to do in any way with the starting function.

Thanks

-Wayne

/ Problems starting my B7610 #2  
Sounds like the PTO neutral switch to me. If the tractor won't start, jiggle the PTO lever a bit to make sure it is in neutral and then it will start. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Cheers

/ Problems starting my B7610 #3  
The pedal for the hydro has to be in the neutral or if you will level position. My L2800 hst does this a lot. Just move the pedal a little and see if it starts.Hope this helps..Dan

/ Problems starting my B7610
dwitcher, I'm not sure what you mean about the hydro pedal and neutral. Are you referring to the Hi/Lo/N lever being in the Neutral postion?
And what needs to be level? I'm not sure I understand your reply, no offense.

/ Problems starting my B7610
Ok, yesterday I must have started that thing over a dozen times. In gear (H or L) and pressing the clutch in. Fired up EVERY time.

So perhaps this requires a little more explaination of what I was doing on Monday when this happened.

Pulling out roots and stumps with my FEL and Boxblade (with scarifiers)

It was quite dusty (not much rain around here lately)

So, that being said I have two questions based on guesses.

1. Was the hydro tranny on my 7610 overheated? Is there some kind of safety that prevents the tractor from starting until it cools down? Sounds silly, I know.

2. A more possible explaination I guess. That the safety switches (or. more than likely, a combination of them) got some of the dust in them and became erratic. THough still doesn't explain why is contantly started after I left it in Neutral.

Just a thought. hmm.

Thanks for the replies so far. Anyone else this has happenned to please lemme know.

Can't bring it back to the dealer unless it's contstantly doing it, otherwise you all know how that'll turn out.

/ Problems starting my B7610 #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The pedal for the hydro has to be in the neutral or if you will level position. My L2800 hst does this a lot. Just move the pedal a little and see if it starts.Hope this helps..Dan )</font>

My L2800 did this too for months but lately it has not, I guess it need to loosen up a bit so it will rest in the same spot.

Dwitcher, your foot pedal has a neutral saftey switch mounted to it so the pedal has to be centered between fwd and reverse.

When you experience a no starter engagment again just rock the foot pedal back and fourth ever so slightly to see if this is where you problem may be.

/ Problems starting my B7610 #7  
Also if you're foot pedal is not returning to netral(center) all the time, you're model may have a grease fitting like mine its a b3030.
mine was sticking a little and i just greased it and was ok. supose to grease every 50hr, but if real dusty as you saying, better to do mor often. mine accesed up under the tractor where pedal is.

/ Problems starting my B7610 #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ....

Pulling out roots and stumps with my FEL and Boxblade (with scarifiers)

It was quite dusty (not much rain around here lately)

)</font>

Wayne -

Did you need to get out of drivers seat repeatedly - for example to attach a chain? Maybe the safety switches under the drivers' seat are possibly also clogged with dust? (I think they're pretty well protected - but at least worth checking)

I think I only had one "scare" with my B7610 not starting: I think I bumped the PTO lever away from the center / OFF position while hopping off the tractor - next time I went to start it - nothing...nada...

Did a quick "checklist" while looking around the drivers area - and presto! "Jiggled the PTO lever" and I was off again. Certainly felt helpless for a few minutes, though /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hope you find a quick fix!

Dan

/ Problems starting my B7610 #9  
Maybe it's the fuel filter. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Problems starting my B7610 #10  
The tip off is using the PTO. The engine will not start unless the PTO is off.

Start drill: clutch in, PTO off and it'll start.

You didn't ask, but in addition, when the PTO is selected the seat engine kill switch is engaged. Get off seat--engine stops. Unless, you quickly tilt the seat all the way forward to rest on the steering wheel.