Project Clark forklift

/ Project Clark forklift #11  
That's pretty inexpensive for a bearing that hefty. Manuals for forklifts are difficult to find; here is a list of Liberated Manuals, that are government reprints of major brands and therefore are public domain. If you use firefox CTRL-F and search for Clark, it will highlight the relevant lines. There is no rhyme or reason in the listings so a keyword search is the best way to utilize it.

/ Project Clark forklift
Thk u!

I have both shop and operating manual. The upright is fully covered along w all parts. No carriage!
I did go through it fast and it may be buried out of order. I will check again.

I agree on price. When I first started looking for bearings I didn't use forklift mast in search. Those prices were higher and I couldn't get close to the right size. As soon as I used mast in search terms I got the right shape and sizes.

/ Project Clark forklift #13  
That's a good price on those bearings, some places will really stick it to you on bearings.
It's a good idea to keep searching for the right terms and price.
I have found NAPA has listings for the Continental Engine parts also.

/ Project Clark forklift #14  
Thk u!

I have both shop and operating manual. The upright is fully covered along w all parts. No carriage!
I did go through it fast and it may be buried out of order. I will check again.

I agree on price. When I first started looking for bearings I didn't use forklift mast in search. Those prices were higher and I couldn't get close to the right size. As soon as I used mast in search terms I got the right shape and sizes.
A lot of times the carriage will use the same bearing as the mast sections FYI.. You could call a Clark dealer and get part #'s if you needed to. They would need Model and Serial number of the truck and possibly numbers off the MAST Usually upper side stamped

/ Project Clark forklift
I had considered that. bearings being the same. The channel size is a bit different as one is captured inside of another inside of another so there is a difference in the OD. ID may be the same. I hope to get the bearings tomorrow and attempt a trial fit on wed

/ Project Clark forklift
Well, got the worst of the leaks fixed, new battery, new carriage bearings, fuel line, greased, oil changed, weld repair to fork upright, and a broken toe from a minor mishap. Wife could not stop laughing. She said she has a "nervous" laugh. The cat would have been more help getting a bandaid.
D65E4279-853B-47B4-8047-569516B034BB_zpsknaies8q.jpg

F60003CA-6D9D-463D-BCB9-0C91A28491B1_zpshsjgpqm2.jpg

/ Project Clark forklift
Hrm first post got corrupted on Photobucket
Here is repost:

project Clark
Runs and u just can't kill it
4cyl continental, articulating, 4wd
It has spent its life outside and untouched for years. Time to show it some love
89455D66-2DAA-4B48-ADB1-A6FBD9501CEB_zpswfwcf3ux.jpg

First thing I noted once up, fuel line has a nice near 90 deg kink. Ten bucks says it starts flooding once I fix this
7B32A0C9-7961-48C7-B8D2-DD35F5A92736_zps8gt8lim2.jpg

Then a little further up someone used the exhaust pipe to bend the fuel line around a corner, wth?!
3FEF091C-C85F-4E46-AF9A-C5201C9895CA_zpsd0deq37z.jpg

Mast bearings need work, should look like this
3BFFE636-7D40-408D-8D22-567EEB680989_zps3hoxjz75.jpg

Got 2 that look like this, empty race with a few balls clanking around
1B12366F-AB15-4A63-AE8B-F0F1FBED0BBB_zpsbbnatc58.jpg

Also I need to replace a solid hydro line in an impossible spot and some seals

/ Project Clark forklift #18  
Another tip, I had a 1950 ish Clark (ugly with warehouse hard tires) that had a bad tilt cylinder.
I bought generic cylinder cups from a cylinder shop and punched the needed holes in them with hole punches! worked great.
The cups were about $2.50 each! 4 of them did both sides.

/ Project Clark forklift
Ok well I picked up some 6' fork extensions from the local scrapyard. 162lbsx0.40$
They need some work. Started cutting out the damage and will weld in patches. I am on the lookout for a fork boom pole too
BE5E1BBB-E1E3-4851-979A-112E1CBB829C_zpsn0jipvyg.jpg

D7B15F6C-93FC-49C7-AD62-11D32E7C0108_zpsb114rygw.jpg

64762386-4C72-4ADB-8E25-CCD80301217D_zpsh4qikmhf.jpg

/ Project Clark forklift #20  
Those must have been used on some pretty stubby forks to have that much wear in the middle. I looked for ages to find material to make fork extensions, finally found a couple 7' 4x8 I beams on craigslist and got them for $40, along with a nice chunk of 9x.250 flat bar that I used to extend the tips to 8' and make the bottom plates. True, they're about an inch and a half thicker than proper channel forks, but when you get into that size you're not sticking pallets anyway.