Propane Tank Back Blade Build

/ Propane Tank Back Blade Build #11  
Nice to see a 1450 still at work.

/ Propane Tank Back Blade Build #12  
Very nice, Never thought of using propane tank for blade.

/ Propane Tank Back Blade Build #13  
I really like it, it looks great! The only thing I may have done differently is add some back ribbing and a bolt on blade to the bottom for wear resistance. In the future you could always add a weight holder if you needed/wanted to add some down pressure. I have 6 big suitcase weights on mine to help dig through the packed snow or top soil.

/ Propane Tank Back Blade Build #14  
A friend gave me an Old 100 lbs. Propane Tank. I decided to use it, and build a Back Blade. I used a drill press, stick welder and a 4.5 inch hand grinder to complete this project. I used the Brinly Moldboard Beam, whereby there are some adjustments to the cutting angle. I also had to reinforce the Sleeve Hitch for strength. There are 30°, 45°, 90° Blade angle adjustments on Horizontal and Vertical plains. So far I have done some trial Soil Leveling which has worked well.View attachment 753548View attachment 753549View attachment 753550View attachment 753551View attachment 753552View attachment 753553View attachment 753554View attachment 753555
Swing it 180..it will float better and not curl in so bad..lotta hook on that blade.

/ Propane Tank Back Blade Build #15  
A friend gave me an Old 100 lbs. Propane Tank. I decided to use it, and build a Back Blade. I used a drill press, stick welder and a 4.5 inch hand grinder to complete this project. I used the Brinly Moldboard Beam, whereby there are some adjustments to the cutting angle. I also had to reinforce the Sleeve Hitch for strength. There are 30°, 45°, 90° Blade angle adjustments on Horizontal and Vertical plains. So far I have done some trial Soil Leveling which has worked well.View attachment 753548View attachment 753549View attachment 753550View attachment 753551View attachment 753552View attachment 753553View attachment 753554View attachment 753555
Looks very good. One idea would be to put a couple of adjustable height shoes on the back of the blade,so you are not counting on the 3 point holding it at a set height that way the 3 point can be left in float and yet the blade does don't dig in any more than you want it. A square tube in a square tube with holes for adjustment and a round dished shoe works well in both directions

/ Propane Tank Back Blade Build #16  
I am impressed. Did not know what to expect while reading the description. You have more blade than traction. Which can be good at times!

Very nice fabrication work.

CT

/ Propane Tank Back Blade Build
Thank You.. YES I have thought about adjustable wheels or shoes where I can set the height. (This Guy made his own adjustable height wheels for a plow, very interesting, shoes can also be installed)

I am also thinking of adding a 2nd spool control valve, w/ a switchable 3way & a 2nd Hydraulic Cylinder so I can have an independent rear lift control. The 3 way will shift the 2nd spool from the rear lift to the front of the tractor for a snowplow angle setup. The original single spool controls the snow plow lift, mowing deck lift along with the rear Sleeve Hitch via a rock shaft. I would have to remove the Bar that connects the Hydraulic Lift Cylinder and the Rock Shaft and install a 2nd Hydraulic Cylinder to the Rock Shaft. I'd like to be able to have an independent rear lift. This is something I'm thinking how to do it. I have an additional Control Spool valve and Hydraulic Cylinder already. Installing the cylinder should go pretty easy (shouldn't have said that) I have to drill a hole in the frame add a 3/4 round stock plate for the cylinder side, which I can weld up. The Rod Side of the Cylinder needs to be connected to the Rock shaft pivot arm via (I think) 1/2" Bolt Shaft 3/4" Hex. I have to make the 37° flare, 3/8" lines to run everything off the pump, it shouldn't be too difficult if I plan it out well. I am not sure yet where I can install the 3 way there is not a lot of room for all those extra hydro lines.

Last edited:
   / Propane Tank Back Blade Build #20  
Looks store bought!!! Great job.