Property showcase, Let's see what you've got!

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #121  
That's a really stunning house, harpoonalt. I'd like something like that on my property- about half that size, though! Is it custom, or did you get plans somewhere?

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #123  
Thanks for the complements. We spent 20 years in the city with .4 acre lot that I absolutely hated. We had kind of looked for land when this lot came up and I told the wife this was where I wanted to live no matter what. She said "fine, I choose the house", which she certainly did. My only request was that it have porches to sit on, a 3 car garage and a big pantry. It was a house plan in a book that we modified a little. Bigger than I needed for sure, but she's happy :) and I'm extremely happy. I have the garage and the basement and the rest is hers to do with as she pleases. It's 1 2/3 acres but with meadows in front and back that can never be built on so it feels like a lot more.
I love country living and even the wife agrees now it was a good choice. We see deer, fox, woodchucks, geese, and the occasional fieldmouse to watch. My only regret is not moving sooner. I swear my stress level dropped right after we moved in. Nothing like sitting on the front porch during a rainstorm watching the lightning!

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #124  
harpoonalt,

Beautiful house. I really love the balance you achieved in the roof and how you tied it all together. The angles are just perfect!!!!! Tell your wife that she did good.

Eddie

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #125  
Nothing special , but its home and interesting terrain.

about 6 acres is cleared land , and then over the ridge is my remaining 35 acres of woodlot.

jake

( the large coyote is a regular visitor caught on tree camera on top of my ridge, he enjoys the rabbits ! )

Attachments

• DSCN0439.JPG
    DSCN0439.JPG
    931.3 KB · Views: 139
  • MDGC0019.JPG
    MDGC0019.JPG
    828.6 KB · Views: 130
   / Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #126  
Here's a couple more I found on my phone from last summer.

Attachments

• 0904081456.jpg
    0904081456.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 0904081458.jpg
    0904081458.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 116
   / Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #127  
Here's my corner of Kansas . . . this link will take you to a website that documents the cleanup of our land (80 acres which had been ignored for years after cattle grazing), and at the bottom of the "home" page, there is a link to the construction of our house which my wife documented photographically. If you click on any of the pictures, they enlarge and then you can scroll through them with a bigger view.

http://www.thunderworksinc.com/misc/landpics/index.html

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #128  
Here's my corner of Kansas . . . this link will take you to a website that documents the cleanup of our land (80 acres which had been ignored for years after cattle grazing), and at the bottom of the "home" page, there is a link to the construction of our house which my wife documented photographically. If you click on any of the pictures, they enlarge and then you can scroll through them with a bigger view.

http://www.thunderworksinc.com/misc/landpics/index.html

Small world, we're neighbors, I live near the Vinland airport. We looked at some property up that way but ended up on the bluffs south of Lawrence.

My avatar is a picture from my back deck looking northeast towards Eudora with a rainbow over the hill and pond in my back yard.

/ Property showcase, Let's see what you've got! #129  
Rick-Thunderworks:

Thank you for sharing the links on your land and house, very impressive.

I also looked at your woodworking, and it too is very impressive.