Prosecute the parents?

/ Prosecute the parents?
Re: Prosecute the parents?-Again!

JohnM III, Nice article John. I read it carefully and enjoyed it very much but failed to see anything about going out on a public highway or where there was traffic that you might have to dodge or brake suddenly for with the grandkids in the bucket. A good guess would be that it was a trip up the private drive and back.

Luckily it didn't lead to disaster. John, a lot of nice loving folks do a lot of dumb things. Reporting inherently unsafe practices in this context does not serve the cause of safety. Sure, the ole boy might have been ultra cautious and gone so slow that bouncing a kid out and running over him may have been virtually impossible. If so, that is just great but some mention of safety in the context of caring for the grandkids would have been appropriate. Had such a joy ride been done in an intrinsicaly safe manner you would get no strong objection from me. I'm not one of the folks out trying to outlaw football, socker, or any contact sports because grave injury and death sometimes occurs to a young player. I see a markedly distinct difference in the two activities.

I apologize in advance if I misread your intentions and they were in some way intended to be humorous. I'm sorry, I just don't have much sense of humor on the topic of safety in child rearing in general or this severely over thrashed topic in particular. Try me again in 10-20 years after a couple libations and maybe I could muster a slight chuckle. No hard feelings here, John, just not such a source of amusement for me as it is apparently for you.

Patrick

/ Prosecute the parents? #62  
Re: Prosecute the parents?-Again!

Hummmmmm...

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Prosecute the parents? #63  
"On the contrary, I think you're smarter to not have kids; the world's getting over-populated."

I thought the same at one time Bird, but the world is gonna be over populated anyway, so let's see to it our race does not become a minority

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by rdln on 09/26/01 08:51 AM (server time).</FONT></P>