PT-425 has arrived!

/ PT-425 has arrived!
Sherwin Williams machine green.
Sherwin Williams machine black.

That's what they told me in 2001 when my PT425 showed up with scuffed paint. They shipped me some. Looking back on it....

Several months later and 20 hours in the woods, and I realized scuffed paint from a shipping strap was nothing to be upset about. Can O Green spraypaint JD Green and JD black and all is well for touchups.

Nice looking machine! Enjoy it!

Let us know the first thing you run into it with. It's kind of a PT tradition and right of passage. :ROFLMAO:

Didn't run into anything today, but I was also being super careful since you mentioned it! (y)

I DID get up to a pucker factor of 5 or so when I misjudged the steepness of a slope I was moving parallel to and started wondering if I was about to perform a ROPS test. 😱 No harm no foul this time, but I will be WAY more careful in the future!

/ PT-425 has arrived! #23  
Looking at the welds, I would guess aluminum. Stainless steel has sharper welds.

On my spreader, while the gate is also open/shut, I noticed that the amount spread is a strong function of the rpms of the spreader disk. I spin the disk fast enough to get the swath width that I want, and then I watch the fertilizer density and adjust the tractor tractor speed to get the density (dose) that I want. Definitely, rubbing your tummy while patting your head, but my land is so uneven that even a wheel driven fertilizer spreader would have challenges. Still, with the spreader three feet off of the ground, I end up with a huge swath.

All the best,

Peter

/ PT-425 has arrived! #26  
That sure looks like aluminum, and the welds do to..... about time nice set up..... jim

/ PT-425 has arrived! #28  
What will be fun is you looking back on this post in 5 years and being angry about the shipping damage. In about 2 years you won't even notice the missing paint and damage will be guaged in torn metal and weld marks.

/ PT-425 has arrived! #29  
I remember my first implement, a Landpride a new rear scraper blade. Went to pick it up at my local JD dealer and told my salesman, hey that thing is all scraped up and starting to rust, I need a discount. He says, Dave it is a piece of farm equipment, that's the way they look. He gave me a spray can of Landpride Tan.

/ PT-425 has arrived! #30  
What will be fun is you looking back on this post in 5 years and being angry about the shipping damage. In about 2 years you won't even notice the missing paint and damage will be guaged in torn metal and weld marks.
There was paint?