Mowing PTO plastic guard

/ PTO plastic guard #22  
wait till a joint blows and the whole plastic thingy gets mangled. Then you give up putting it on period.
mike

/ PTO plastic guard #23  
I think it may be a quarter turn to move the cam shape over an opening, then pull away from the end a little and go to the next one. My Woods PH digger had that, it was a pain, but not as bad once I figured it out.

/ PTO plastic guard #24  
I know you are supposed to maintain the guards for safety, but as dangerous as pto shafts are I think the best rule is to not get around it while it's running. I also don't understand why a replacement guard costs over $100, they want people to use them they need to make them reasonably priced
Problems with these things are the reason mine is rolling around in the back of my truck.

/ PTO plastic guard #25  
Depends on what attachment the PTO cover is servicing. If the attachment is one that is running while off the tractor, then good to keep that cover.

If an attachment like a brush hog, no need for it so cut it off. A common sense thing, IMO.

Back in the day when we had many PTO driven machines, there was a real need for protection against getting clothes ripped off (and body parts mangled) by the PTO.

/ PTO plastic guard
Just wanted to say thank you again. Got it off this am. Put the screw driver in the slots, pushed in the white tab, got another screw driver and applied some pressure to the back of the gaurd and click. Went to the next tab, same thing, click. Third, same thing and it was off! Sometimes something so simple can be so hard. Put the new guards on and I am ready to bush hog again.