PTO shaft oil seal removal JD 2020

/ PTO shaft oil seal removal JD 2020
beenthere. Yes, I am referring to item 16 as the quill and that is the part with the seal in it.

Thanks Tx Jim. I will give that a try. It doesn’t seem like there is enough material to retain a screw, but I will give it a go.

/ PTO shaft oil seal removal JD 2020 #13  
Use a small chisel to try and bend the OD of the seal towards the center. Get it bent in enough to grab with pliers and pull the seal out.

/ PTO shaft oil seal removal JD 2020 #14  
When you see the new one, you will know just what to do. ;);)
Get under that seal lip. Here is your pic with some labeling. The rubbery seal part will come right out with the retainer seal lip.

Attachments

• Seal.jpg
    Seal.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 72
I was able to get it by bending the od in, as Zebrafive suggested, and then used an adjustable seal puller to pry it out. Pulling with pliers was not working. Below is the puller used.

IMG_2095.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2094.JPG
    IMG_2094.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
   / PTO shaft oil seal removal JD 2020 #16  
Thanks
Now I see more in your photo as to what part is the seal and what is not.

How about a couple pics of the new seal, and the cavity where that old seal came from and the new one goes in ?

/ PTO shaft oil seal removal JD 2020 #17  
The metal that the rubber is fastened to comes out also. It's in there snug, but I've never had a problem pulling one. Get an old wood chisel or something and drive it behind it then twist it. Bend a screwdriver, sharpen and tap it in there. Or the slide hammer. Whatever you have.