Public Service announcement... of a sort

/ Public Service announcement... of a sort #21  
wrong thread but....

2 young girls come across a passed out drunk scotsman who is wearing a kilt. they giggle a little and then take a peek to see...what does a scotsman really wear under his kilt.

Of course he's going bareback so one of the girls takes a ribbon out of her hair and puts it on the guys......unit..... and the girls leave.

Later, the guy wakes up and must relieve himself. he pulls up his kilt and sort of stumbles back and says......

I dona know where you been lad....but you won the blue ribbon!

/ Public Service announcement... of a sort #25  
I rewired two of our utility trailers at work that came from the manufacturer with scotch locks. Besides making an opening for road salt and water to attack the copper, they usually cut half of the wire stands when installed.

/ Public Service announcement... of a sort #26  
Hooked up to my new trailer, purchased in May, to take care of some property about 15 miles away. Got everything I thought I would need and immediately noted the brakes on the trailer were not working, had been fine the last time I used it about 2 weeks ago. Could not put off the work I had scheduled so just made the trip there and back carefully. Today after I finished some other business in town I tackled the trailer to find out just what the devil was going on. Tested the truck and had current to the plug so the problem had to be in the trailer wiring. Pulled the break away switch, still no brakes. Checked the wires at the axle had continuity but still no brakes but had battery voltage. Upon closer inspection found one of the vampire clamps (solderless T-Tap self stripping quick connector) they used to splice the wires did not clamp properly, it had just lightly skinned the wire and it would make contact when I wiggled it but when voltage was applied it would go open again.

I spent the afternoon removing every vampire clamp then butt spliced and heat shrank every splice I found on the brakes. Next I will do the same for the lights. I hate vampire clamp slices with a passion, they are a bad temporary patch at best. I know manufacturers use them to speed up the production line but they are sure fail and most likely at the wrong time.

The Public Service Announcement: Get your solder, heat gun and possibly garlic if you think you need it and get the vampires out of your trailer wiring.
IDC 's (insulation displacement connector ). Hate them. Short term reliability, at best

/ Public Service announcement... of a sort #27  
that was good.

in one of the simpsons episodes willy the scottish grounds keeper is wearing a kilt and a big wind blows and exposes his heather regions....

everyone gasps and turns their heads away...

willy says something like....it's only what god give me