Pull behind brush cutter

/ Pull behind brush cutter #1  

Stomper

Gold Member
Tractor
2017 Kubota L2501
This isn’t a tractor implement I suppose but more of an ATV implement, but with the knowledge base here I’m sure you will be able to help.
My local cross country ski club is looking for a pull behind brush cutter that can be pulled behind a Atv or UTV, to make trail clearing in the fall time a bit easier. Right now we do it manually. It would be used to cut down the new growth, such as willow saplings and grasses that sprout up between the winter seasons. Any suggestions on what kind of things I should be looking for as far a options or design would be greatly appreciated.

/ Pull behind brush cutter #2  
Swisher, DR, and a few others make call behind rotary cutters for ATVs. I had a Swisher, but it was the finish mower, not a rotary cutter. I liked it quite well. With the offset hitch, you should be able to ride down the middle of the trail cutting on one side and turn around and come back on the opposite side. Check on craigslist and Facebook for used ones as they show up frequently.

If you happen to look at a used one, get the model number and check with the manufacturer and make sure that parts are still available.

/ Pull behind brush cutter #3  
I think there wouldn’t be many self powered pull rotary cutters. Finish mowers yes, brush cutters no. It would take a heck of an engine to make it worth while. My advice is to pay a local person to do.

/ Pull behind brush cutter #4  
I have an older model 52" Swisher brush cutter that works really well and parts are no problem. It does weigh 700 lbs so a smaller ATV or garden tractor is a little too small. Some of the bigger ATV's/UTV's are probably fine. I had to upgrade to a tractor, however, my brush was tough.

Country Cut 52" 14.5 HP 12V Rough Cut Mower - RC14552CPKA - FREE SHIPPING

0827210614.jpg

/ Pull behind brush cutter #5  
Only other problem with tow behind is the fact that you can't lift it over stumps and other debris/hazards.

It's fine for areas that you know what's hidden below.

/ Pull behind brush cutter #6  
If you'd like a flail, I'd suggest the British made Chapman. Myself, I'd stay away from the low dollar ones no matter the style.

/ Pull behind brush cutter #7  
I have an older model 52" Swisher brush cutter that works really well and parts are no problem. It does weigh 700 lbs so a smaller ATV or garden tractor is a little too small. Some of the bigger ATV's/UTV's are probably fine. I had to upgrade to a tractor, however, my brush was tough.

Country Cut 52" 14.5 HP 12V Rough Cut Mower - RC14552CPKA - FREE SHIPPING

View attachment 775162
Wow, 3”!!! I have a Woods 60” behind my Kubota. It only does 2”. and my 105HP gearbox BH3008 does 3”.

/ Pull behind brush cutter #8  
NISAACS A couple questions, if you don't mind. Is that cutter offset to either side and, if so, how far. And what is your pig eating there

/ Pull behind brush cutter #9  
This isn’t a tractor implement I suppose but more of an ATV implement, but with the knowledge base here I’m sure you will be able to help.
My local cross country ski club is looking for a pull behind brush cutter that can be pulled behind a Atv or UTV, to make trail clearing in the fall time a bit easier. Right now we do it manually. It would be used to cut down the new growth, such as willow saplings and grasses that sprout up between the winter seasons. Any suggestions on what kind of things I should be looking for as far a options or design would be greatly appreciated.

The RAMMY ATV UTV front mounted flail mower will do everything you need all season long.

I don't know if they have a dealer in your area yet but it would be simple enough to order one
from METSA machines in Michigan and have them ship it by AMTRAK to the nearest freight depot
for you.

LeonZ

Attachments

• EN-Rammy-catalog-2021 (1).pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 193
   / Pull behind brush cutter #10  
NISAACS A couple questions, if you don't mind. Is that cutter offset to either side and, if so, how far. And what is your pig eating there

Here is a better picture of the front towing setup. You can also flip the tow bar and it gives you a little more offset but it is hard on the hitch. I tow it centered now and just drive the tractor right over the top of the brush. With the quad and garden tractor I couldn't do that. She is eating alfalfa hay, she is my helper...

1671497075978.png